Any other Tensing Pen Brides out there??

Hey ladies im just looking for any past or future brides that are or have been married at Tensing pen resort in negril.

I have already booked this resort adn am super excited about it but they dont get into the details until closer to the date which for me is still almost a year away! Just wondering about your experiances

Hey YAY!!!!!!! Finally someone else with this resort! Its so much different then all the brides at AI's. Im not renting out the entire place. We have about 32 guests coming plus us to make 34 (could be 36 maybe) And two families are staying down the street because of little ones. so  about 28 of us staying at tensing pen. I have yet to gett anything in regards to vendors. Do you have all that info? Also are you bring much for decor or know what they provide?

• 1 month later...

Hi! Sooo yes I've been making many desicions recently and have been hoping to chat with others dealing with Tensing Pen. :)  Are they letting you have it in the lodge or seasong hut since youre not renting entire place out.  Ok so they will send you list of photographers, florists, menus, music but you have to ask.  We are having 25 including us.  They are letting you have people from off the property?  They told us we couldnt.  The photographers they offered are sungold, true colors, roan photography.  florists are either Tai Floral or Floral Fantasy.  You can bring decor or have florist do it for you or a mixture of both.  TP has chairs and table clothes but the chairs are white plastic with arms and they cover them with white fabric and you have to pay per chair.  I heard others have set up fees but I havnt been told this yet.  You can get other chairs from the florist that you pay per chair and there is a delivery fee.  What cottage are you staying in?  Im still up in the air to get my hair and makeup done there or by myself.  I still feel like I have so many unanswered questions.  What are you doing for music? We are having steel drum for ceremony and cocktails and then a mento band for reception. We also havnt decided on rehearsal dinner.  Sooo excited to finally talk to someone else going thru the process! :) 

• 4 weeks later...

So happy to see newer TP brides on here! We have been searching the forums for info as we're looking at both Tensing Pen and Jakes... but most seem to be from a few years back! How are the plans coming along? Is there anything I should be wary of?

Dazeydawl, I noticed you said others were staying elsewhere with little ones - does TP not allow kids? We only have 2 guests that would be an issue with but it's good to know.

We're thinking of steel drums during cocktail hour but want to bring our own music (a few of the groomsmen are DJs) - have you had experience with them on this, are they open to outside vendors (?) at all?

Ps - CONGRATS!

Hi Jessica!  I'm actually getting married Oct 27th at TP! They have a $500 fee if you use an outside vendor.  They told me that i think 10% can stay off the property.Jakes looks very cool.  I know someone who goes there everyyear and says its the best place ever but I chose TP because there is alot to do right outside of the resort and I really love Negril.  We have a 3 year old and possibly an infant coming.  Its the only cliff resort that allows kids.  The perk of having kids stay at a beaches or something like it is that there will be activites and stuff for them to do and you dont have to worry about them on the cliffs. please fee free to contact me with any questions!

Originally Posted by Jesssicaa View Post

So happy to see newer TP brides on here! We have been searching the forums for info as we're looking at both Tensing Pen and Jakes... but most seem to be from a few years back! How are the plans coming along? Is there anything I should be wary of?

Dazeydawl, I noticed you said others were staying elsewhere with little ones - does TP not allow kids? We only have 2 guests that would be an issue with but it's good to know.

We're thinking of steel drums during cocktail hour but want to bring our own music (a few of the groomsmen are DJs) - have you had experience with them on this, are they open to outside vendors (?) at all?

Ps - CONGRATS!

Oh YAY!!!!!! Another TP (perhaps) bride!!!!! I was also considering Jakes at one point but it just seems so far from everything, i think i read it was 2.5 hours from mobay airport. And not alot of stuff in the surrounding area to do so if you want to check out jamaica it will be long bus rides to everything.

I do have two families staying at beaches down the road.... so 4 adults and 4 kids. TP does allow kids but those families were uncomfortable with the cliffs as the kids will be 4-7 and a bit harder to keep an eye on. They also didnt want to have to keep the kids entertained as beaches as the water slides, babysitting and lots of kids activities. Also another reason for the families staying there is that one of them is a lawyer (bigshot) adn he has to be available at all times for video confrence calls and such and TP only has internet in the restaurant (not even sure if it highspeed). I was told that TP requires 90% of guests to stay at the resort, 8 people at beaches is over 10% for us, so it was really stressing me out so my fiance called the front desk and explained the situation and she just kept saying 'no worries mon' lol so hopefully this is not a problem for us. we are still gonna have about 26-28 people staying at tp and already have 10 cottages booked one of which is the long house which sleeps 6.

You are allowed outside vendors but there is a $500 outside vendor fee, BUT, if that vendor is your family and staying at the resort the minimum 3 nights then there is no fee. Im bringing down my own photogrpaher who is family and staying 4 nights so no fee.

Shanique doesnt really get into the planning of the wedding until closer to the date. Mine is may and she said we would start planning in January. I beleive they only have one wedding planner so obviously she has to focus on the closer upcoming weddings then ones next year so i dont have to much info except the menus and open bar pricing. Me and my fiance are also thinking of a steel drum band but the price alicianegril gave me is a bit beyond our price range i think as we would want 2 hours, ceremony and cocktail hour. But i dont know if there are any other vendors yet.

When is your date?

• 3 months later...

Hi ladies!  I hope you don't mind if I join the conversation.  I'm also getting married at Tensing Pen on June 8th.  And funny enough.....I met Alicianegril when I went to Jamaica at the end of October to check out Tensing Pen so I felt better about all this wedding planning stuff.  It was nice to get to meet Shanique.  You will love her when you meet her.  She is super nice and will help out with anything.  

I'm deciding right now on music.  I am definitely going to do the steel drum band for ceremony and cocktail hour and really want to do a reggae band for the reception but I'm getting nervous that it might be too chill and that I won't get anyone up and dancing......so much to think about.  

Keep in touch as you go through all your planning as I would love to compare information and research.  

Cheers!