Photo

Blanca Casteneda - Wedding Coordinator

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RSL2010

RSL2010
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

I was a little skeptical when I first hired Blanca as she is the second recommendation from Cabo Surf Hotel and then I couldn't find information on her any where else. I ended up hiring her based on an email I received back from one of the three references she gave me (who also, incidentally recommended I use The Twins).

Blanca was very inexpensive, she only charged $800 to answer my emails and do research for the 8 months leading up to my wedding, coordinate a welcome dinner, rehearsal, our official wedding (which took place the day before), a rehearsal dinner, and then the actual wedding! I know realize the markups the coordinators charge are really what they refer to as their "comission", which, for the amount of work Blanca did for me is fair - I just wish they would call it their comission since we all compare prices and know what everyone else is paying for things. Having said this - Blanca did not mark up most items and actually was less expensive than most of the other quotes I had seen on this board. She worked with me on everything and when I told her things were too expensive, she found it for less or gave me alternative options. If I went on my own with vendors, she was fine with that and still did all of the coordinating with them - I would just tell her, for example, Jennifer Hatton is doing my cake for $375, and she took care of the rest.

On the day of my wedding, I didn't see Blanca too much, that is because she was downstairs making sure everything was set up perfectly for her detail oriented and obsessed bride (that would be me). All of the details from the perfectly raked sand, to the placement and set up of the extra tables, bar, lounge area, band, you name it was perfectly coordinated and ready to go, so as the ceremony began - all of the work was done and there wasn't any transitioning.

At the end of the night, she made sure my Tiffany's cake knife and server were back in their blue box and waiting in my room (I was a little nervous the kitchen might just wash them and put them away)!

Blanca was amazing and at the end of it all, if I hadn't spent my entire wedding budget (and then some) I was going to give her a bonus for the amazing job she did. She definitely does not get the credit she deserves!

Her email is blanca@weddingsbyheart.com and her website is www.weddingsbyheart.com. Let me know if you have any questions, etc...

Raina
    Raina & Henri
    October 28, 2006
    Pueblo Bonito Pacifica

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:52 PM

great review and reference!! she does sound like a great WC and a really good rate as well!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 RSL2010

RSL2010
    • 45 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:58 PM

I know, I feel bad, I have been meaning to post this for the last two months!
      Raina & Henri
      October 28, 2006
      Pueblo Bonito Pacifica

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:27 PM

there is another bride on here using Blanca as well.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 RSL2010

RSL2010
      • 45 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

Do you know who it is?
        Raina & Henri
        October 28, 2006
        Pueblo Bonito Pacifica

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:57 PM

maybe natalie (toesnthesnd)...no she is using sunset i think...let me try to remember

Awards and recognition: 

#7 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
        • 486 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:07 PM

I am using Baja Weddings.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

i think i got it confused with your resort

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users