Who to send Save the Dates to?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by agm04 

I think that seems like a good solution.  We sent out STDs with no RSVP to everyone, and are sending formal invitations with multiple items on one RSVP card (our resort is not AI, and we're doing a Fri night happy hour and dinner, sat wedding/reception, sun champagne brunch so we need head counts on everything).  I don't see any reason you couldn't include AHR RSVP on the same card.  

Save money on stamps too! :-)

#32 agm04

agm04
    • 548 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by ornxoxo 

Save money on stamps too! :-)

That's right!  Something I've realized through this process is that while it's really hard to keep total cost down, it's a lot easier to make trade offs.  Like one less round of stamps for a nicer invitation.

#33 catgirl

catgirl
      • 77 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I think we are behind the 8 ball on this.

We are planning to send the STDs out in early January (we have someone designing them for us) and then the invites in March/February.  This is for a June wedding in Mexico.

We have an idea of who will attend, so not stressing too much.  But we are just sending STDs with no RSVP to everyone.

#34 Cherina

Cherina
        • Banned
        • 636 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Catgirl - I don't think you should consider you pace behind, it is a far more traditional timeline. I wish I could have that timeline but the AI requires 50% 6 mo in advance so I had to up the anti and put p pressure

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#35 catgirl

catgirl
          • 77 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cherina 

Catgirl -
            I don't think you should consider you pace behind, it is a far more traditional timeline. I wish I could have that timeline but the AI requires 50% 6 mo in advance so I had to up the anti and put p pressure

Thanks.  I spent some time reading the boards last night and started working myself up since the wedding is in June and we have done...not that much.  Just nailed down the location/resort and locked in the room rates.

We decided to skip the STDs since most people know its a destination wedding and are opting to send the invites in January instead with an RSVP timing of March.

#36 Cherina

Cherina
            • Banned
            • 636 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Catgirl that sounds like a good plan. Also of you want to be able to give information to you guests sooner than January or update quickly use a wedding website, mine is wedding wire or a private Facebook group.

#37 catgirl

catgirl
              • 77 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cherina 

Catgirl that sounds like a good plan. Also of you want to be able to give information to you guests sooner than January or update quickly use a wedding website, mine is wedding wire or a private Facebook group.

We are planning to send an e-mail/newsletter with the info in advance of the invitations.  Not the best plan, but based on timing it will have to do.

#38 Cherina

Cherina
                • Banned
                • 636 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Spi[quote name="catgirl" url="/t/79835/who-to-send-save-the-dates-to/30#post_1842947"] We are planning to send an e-mail/newsletter with the info in advance of the invitations.  Not the best plan, but based on timing it will have to do. [/quo Sounds like a good plan

#39 mscheryl10

mscheryl10
                  • 154 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

I am bound by giving the CL  a count 90 prior to sailing so I must get out my STD and get back RSVP early as well.

#40 Make2dayAmazing

Make2dayAmazing
                    • 164 posts
                    • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
                    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical
                    • LocationDominican Republic

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Good thread, I have been starting to wonder about the same things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users