alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Oh ok, yes if i had a connecting flight that would definitely be a concern for me too. Hmmm...can you call your TA and find out if the luggage goes straight through or not? If luggage goes straight through you should be ok. If you have to physically collect your luggage and then re check it then I'd ship it ahead of time. I've found that Delta is pretty good with ensuring luggage is protected. 

Yeah I will check on that!

Originally Posted by JA2012 

My wedding isn't actually at Secrets because it was getting out of hand. My guest list is currently at 97 ppl. I really wanted 50 or less but that isn't going to happen now so I had to switch the venue based on that. :-(

However I loved it there! And that's probably why I ended up on this forum...I saw the title and am having total venue envy of you lucky ladies. hahaha. I can't wait to see when you all post photos afterwards.

Oh boo, but having lots of loved ones who want to celebrate you is a good problem! I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful!!! Where did you end up going to instead?

#192 muneera0302

muneera0302
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

The planning process with the WC was super easy. There's a checklist/spreadsheet to fill out and I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted so by the time I got it, it was easy to fill in. The extras did start adding up, and yes, the dance floor is $1000. I tried to push back on that since it's crazy but they told me they can't do anything about the price since it's an outside company who comes in to build it. We are having around 40 guests and for everything (flowers, dance floor, chivari chair upgrade, cupcake upgrade, welcome bonfire, DJ, steel drum band, vendor fees + day pass for the outside photographers, extra costs for the guests over 20, etc.) it is about $12k.

Thats really good to hear that you're planning process was easy! you're wedding is right around the corner! i know you're super excited!!!!

#193 kristencanada

kristencanada
    • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Just returned from my Wedding at Secrets Wild Orchid! Ladies..you have nothing to worry about it was FANTASTIC. In the planning stages, you can get kind of caught up in details and worried but they take care of everything, trust me! When we arrived we were upgraded to the Preferred Club for free and they took extra care of us all week. I just got back yesterday and already have a few sneak peeks from the photographer. My sister also did a trash the dress the next day. Here is a link to our photographer's sneak peek (Kyle + Kristen) and I'll try and attach a personal photo or two that some guests took :). Any questions I am happy to help!?

Kristen

http://wpajamaica.com/

it is the first blog entry that pops up!

#194 muneera0302

muneera0302
      • 277 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Just returned from my Wedding at Secrets Wild Orchid! Ladies..you have nothing to worry about it was FANTASTIC. In the planning stages, you can get kind of caught up in details and worried but they take care of everything, trust me! When we arrived we were upgraded to the Preferred Club for free and they took extra care of us all week. I just got back yesterday and already have a few sneak peeks from the photographer. My sister also did a trash the dress the next day. Here is a link to our photographer's sneak peek (Kyle + Kristen) and I'll try and attach a personal photo or two that some guests took :). Any questions I am happy to help!? Kristen http://wpajamaica.com/ it is the first blog entry that pops up! * * *

Wow your pictures turned out beautiful!!!! I'm still getting quotes for photographer, and ima contact yours as well! Glad you had a blast! You have the same color as me! It looks nice!!

#195 jrebecky

jrebecky
        • 75 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by kristencanada 

Just returned from my Wedding at Secrets Wild Orchid! Ladies..you have nothing to worry about it was FANTASTIC. In the planning stages, you can get kind of caught up in details and worried but they take care of everything, trust me! When we arrived we were upgraded to the Preferred Club for free and they took extra care of us all week. I just got back yesterday and already have a few sneak peeks from the photographer. My sister also did a trash the dress the next day. Here is a link to our photographer's sneak peek (Kyle + Kristen) and I'll try and attach a personal photo or two that some guests took :). Any questions I am happy to help!?

Kristen

Looks beautiful!! Those pictures are great!  I'm glad to hear everything went well for you guys  and that you were taken care of!  So it looks like you used the Beach Casita for the ceremony and reception?  How did you like it?  I can't decide whether to use the casita or have a set up on the beach.  Also, did you need to get a dance floor for the reception?

#196 Mimi127

Mimi127
          • 221 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Kristen

I am so glad to hear that everything went smoothly.  I am also using Clayton from SunGold photography.  How was he to work with?  You were a beautiful bride and it looks like you had a blast.  Congratulations to you and your new hubby!!!!

#197 muneera0302

muneera0302
            • 277 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mimi127 

I am so glad to hear that everything went smoothly.  I am also using Clayton from SunGold photography.  How was he to work with?  You were a beautiful bride and it looks like you had a blast.  Congratulations to you and your new hubby!!!!

i just realized wpa is a part of sungold. i thought it was completely seperate. DId you choose to use clayton or they assigned him to you?

#198 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
              • 562 posts
              • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Kristen

YAY so excited to hear that all went well!! You looked amazing and can't wait to see more pics!

#199 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
              • 562 posts
              • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Also, is your necklace Kate Spade? I think I have the same one!!

#200 kristencanada

kristencanada
              • 20 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post

i just realized wpa is a part of sungold. i thought it was completely seperate. DId you choose to use clayton or they assigned him to you?

Clayton was awesome to work with..he takes great photos and was very fun to work with :)...I chose him because I like his photojournalistic style :) There are others to choose from but WPA was more in our price range that Sungold was :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users