Jump to content
kristencanada

Secrets St James/Wild Orchid Weddings 2012/2013

Recommended Posts

Great review!! Love the picture of you and your husband sitting in the "Mr. & Mrs." Chairs. Going to borrow that idea. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi127 View Post

First I must say the resort is beautiful. You will not be disappointed. When we arrived we were upgraded to the Preferred Club which was a pleasant surprise and it gave us some privacy away from our guests. We had our wedding at the Seawind Beach Club which is next door to the spa. We had some bumps in the road prior to,our wedding but overall mostly everyone was helpful. There were communication issues between the resort and the club so if any of you ladies decide to get married at Seawind you have to stay on top of them as the beach club did not inform the resort that there would be a wedding and the resort gave my photographer a difficult time getting onto the property even though we were paying for a day pass. My MOH literally had to go to the lobby and speak to someone she and befriended to get Clayton in. The strange thing is they did not give my make-up artist Rashel any problems when she arrived they just called the Spa to let me know she was waiting for me. Sidebar: Rashel is so sweet and does a phenomenal job. She informed that Secrets does not like when outside vendors are used and Clayton also told me its one of the most difficult resorts for vendors to get into. As for the spa I went for a manicure, massage and to get my hair done (my stylist was supposed to travel with me and canceled at the last minute). For ladies with short hair cuts the stylist did a decent job but not what I am used to and that could be due to the fact that I am extremely picky when it comes to my hair. Well about an hour before the ceremony was to start there was a unexpected tropical storm. Thank God it didn't last very long but there was a little damage so they wedding started a little late because the club had to set everything back up. Now here is where things get a little tricky. My wedding planner had made arrangements for golf carts to pick up our guest a half hour before the wedding started however when my MOH called she was informed that the cart would only pick me up. What an inconvience and my husband and I both had our grandmothers there and after the storm it felt like the hottest day ever. Fortunately when the reception was over one of the staff was kind enough to drop our grandmothers back at the resort because wephen evening arrives there is no more golf cart service. When I arrived at the beach club I was pleased with how beautifully everything was decorated. Jan's flowers did a great job. Everything looked better than I expected. Her book does no justice for the work provided. My only issue was I did not want my ceremony on the beach and they were well aware of that but somehow that's where it was set up. Oh well it still turned out beautiful. For the cocktail hour we had the steel band. We took some group pictures so we were able to hear a few songs and they were awesome. We also,asked for a blue signature drink which they were able to provide and everyone said the appetizers were great. As for the dinner the food was delicious much better than the food served at the resort not to say the food isn't good there. I enjoyed the cake but my husband didn't. The cake was also provided by Jan's. I don't have any pictures yet only a few from our guest. Our photographer is going to be in NY in October and has promised to hand deliver them however I will post a few that I have. I'm also going to finally work on my planning thread. Better late than never.......cheesy.gif
700
700
700

 

I hope Clayton comes through for you in October with your photos. We married July 1st at Secrets using Rounald (WPA Jamaica.) Still have not been given the promised sneak peek and are going on our 11th week. >:? The agreement delivery time is 4-6 weeks. I'm so disappointed right now and have lost all excitement in even seeing our wedding pictures. And yes, I'm made my feelings know to Paula (SunGold) and to Rounald. Congratulations on your marriage!! May God Bless a new chapter/book of happiness, love and respect. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJoy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi127 View Post

First I must say the resort is beautiful. You will not be disappointed. When we arrived we were upgraded to the Preferred Club which was a pleasant surprise and it gave us some privacy away from our guests. We had our wedding at the Seawind Beach Club which is next door to the spa. We had some bumps in the road prior to,our wedding but overall mostly everyone was helpful. There were communication issues between the resort and the club so if any of you ladies decide to get married at Seawind you have to stay on top of them as the beach club did not inform the resort that there would be a wedding and the resort gave my photographer a difficult time getting onto the property even though we were paying for a day pass. My MOH literally had to go to the lobby and speak to someone she and befriended to get Clayton in. The strange thing is they did not give my make-up artist Rashel any problems when she arrived they just called the Spa to let me know she was waiting for me. Sidebar: Rashel is so sweet and does a phenomenal job. She informed that Secrets does not like when outside vendors are used and Clayton also told me its one of the most difficult resorts for vendors to get into. As for the spa I went for a manicure, massage and to get my hair done (my stylist was supposed to travel with me and canceled at the last minute). For ladies with short hair cuts the stylist did a decent job but not what I am used to and that could be due to the fact that I am extremely picky when it comes to my hair. Well about an hour before the ceremony was to start there was a unexpected tropical storm. Thank God it didn't last very long but there was a little damage so they wedding started a little late because the club had to set everything back up. Now here is where things get a little tricky. My wedding planner had made arrangements for golf carts to pick up our guest a half hour before the wedding started however when my MOH called she was informed that the cart would only pick me up. What an inconvience and my husband and I both had our grandmothers there and after the storm it felt like the hottest day ever. Fortunately when the reception was over one of the staff was kind enough to drop our grandmothers back at the resort because wephen evening arrives there is no more golf cart service. When I arrived at the beach club I was pleased with how beautifully everything was decorated. Jan's flowers did a great job. Everything looked better than I expected. Her book does no justice for the work provided. My only issue was I did not want my ceremony on the beach and they were well aware of that but somehow that's where it was set up. Oh well it still turned out beautiful. For the cocktail hour we had the steel band. We took some group pictures so we were able to hear a few songs and they were awesome. We also,asked for a blue signature drink which they were able to provide and everyone said the appetizers were great. As for the dinner the food was delicious much better than the food served at the resort not to say the food isn't good there. I enjoyed the cake but my husband didn't. The cake was also provided by Jan's. I don't have any pictures yet only a few from our guest. Our photographer is going to be in NY in October and has promised to hand deliver them however I will post a few that I have. I'm also going to finally work on my planning thread. Better late than never.......cheesy.gif

700

700

700

 




I hope Clayton comes through for you in October with your photos. We married July 1st at Secrets using Rounald (WPA Jamaica.) Still have not been given the promised sneak peek and are going on our 11th week. >:? The agreement delivery time is 4-6 weeks. I'm so disappointed right now and have lost all excitement in even seeing our wedding pictures. And yes, I'm made my feelings know to Paula (SunGold) and to Rounald. Congratulations on your marriage!! May God Bless a new chapter/book of happiness, love and respect. :)

I am so sorry that you have not received your pictures as of yet.  What reason are they giving you for not sending out the pictures as of yet?  That is truly ridiculous.  I would be pissed.   Keep me posted and let me know how things go as I will let you know if Clayton comes through for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandL2015 View Post

Great review!! Love the picture of you and your husband sitting in the "Mr. & Mrs." Chairs. Going to borrow that idea. cheesy.gif

 

Thank you.  Everybody loved the chair signs.  They were a big hit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi127 View Post

I am so sorry that you have not received your pictures as of yet.  What reason are they giving you for not sending out the pictures as of yet?  That is truly ridiculous.  I would be pissed.   Keep me posted and let me know how things go as I will let you know if Clayton comes through for me.

 

Rounald claims he has been really busy and said during our wedding to give him 8 weeks. He never said that to us. We'd remember. I have contacted Paula (SunGold Photography) several times, who has, in turn, scolded him for his lack of communication and customer service to us. Apparently, this is an ongoing issue. I was afraid to express my feelings since we do not have our photos in hand. But as each week passes, I get more and more angry. I had money on account with Paula to order a wedding album. I have since asked for that money back and received it. We loved Rounald's personality and know the photos (God willing) will be amazing...whenever we receive them. Rounald said he "needed another week," which was a week and a half ago, when I told him we had a family get together and intended to show the photos at this event. That family get together has come and gone. I emailed Paula yesterday morning and asked her to have Rounald send us our pictures, even if unedited. I'm now at the end of my rope. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FRUSTRATED!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJoy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi127 View Post
 

I am so sorry that you have not received your pictures as of yet.  What reason are they giving you for not sending out the pictures as of yet?  That is truly ridiculous.  I would be pissed.   Keep me posted and let me know how things go as I will let you know if Clayton comes through for me.

 




Rounald claims he has been really busy and said during our wedding to give him 8 weeks. He never said that to us. We'd remember. I have contacted Paula (SunGold Photography) several times, who has, in turn, scolded him for his lack of communication and customer service to us. Apparently, this is an ongoing issue. I was afraid to express my feelings since we do not have our photos in hand. But as each week passes, I get more and more angry. I had money on account with Paula to order a wedding album. I have since asked for that money back and received it. We loved Rounald's personality and know the photos (God willing) will be amazing...whenever we receive them. Rounald said he "needed another week," which was a week and a half ago, when I told him we had a family get together and intended to show the photos at this event. That family get together has come and gone. I emailed Paula yesterday morning and asked her to have Rounald send us our pictures, even if unedited. I'm now at the end of my rope. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FRUSTRATED!!

 

 

dang that sucks. what the heck does one do in that situation! initially i'd be nervous to let them know i'm mad and they turn around and do a terrible job at the pics, but knowing me and my mouth i would have done the same thing, complained to someone! lol i hope you get them back soon. and from reading alot of reviews it seems like many photographers do take a while returning the pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post

 

 

dang that sucks. what the heck does one do in that situation! initially i'd be nervous to let them know i'm mad and they turn around and do a terrible job at the pics, but knowing me and my mouth i would have done the same thing, complained to someone! lol i hope you get them back soon. and from reading alot of reviews it seems like many photographers do take a while returning the pics.

 

I'm HUGE on do as you say. If the agreement said it would take a year, then I'd wait a year. Well, I would never book with them...but you know what I mean. :) I did my best to keep my thoughts to myself but could not it any longer. Trust me, my email to Paula was extremely kind and respectful. Lol I'm a business woman and I have great work integrity and take pride in that. I pray Rounald and Paula appreciate my honest feedback and strive to improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJoy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post
 

 

 

dang that sucks. what the heck does one do in that situation! initially i'd be nervous to let them know i'm mad and they turn around and do a terrible job at the pics, but knowing me and my mouth i would have done the same thing, complained to someone! lol i hope you get them back soon. and from reading alot of reviews it seems like many photographers do take a while returning the pics.

 



I'm HUGE on do as you say. If the agreement said it would take a year, then I'd wait a year. Well, I would never book with them...but you know what I mean. :) I did my best to keep my thoughts to myself but could not it any longer. Trust me, my email to Paula was extremely kind and respectful. Lol I'm a business woman and I have great work integrity and take pride in that. I pray Rounald and Paula appreciate my honest feedback and strive to improve.

 

exactly! well hope you get it this week at least. did you do a review?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×