Secrets St James/Wild Orchid Weddings 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkn87 View Post

How many people do you have attending your ceremony and reception? How much extra did you pay for the 3 hour reception?? I am now looking at possibly having more guests at the ceremony than I had originally planned. I see they charge an extra $80 per person you have over the 20 included in the wedding package. I was just looking for some more details on how to approach having the extra people, and approximately how much more it could end up costing. Thanks and sorry if I've already asked you these questions! I can't remember who all I've previously talked to on here these last few months!

we have 60 people attending, $80 pp over the first 20 + 15% service charge. The 3 hrs reception is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post

thanks. is that all you used? i've seen other brides use a detailed hour by hour timeline, so the dj knows when everything is going on (like toast, dance, etc). how did your timeline for everything work out for you? is there anythign you would have added or changed? sorry for all the ?'s, i'm a month away so def trying to get everything done :-)

hmm dont know yet, my wedding is dec 3rd so i can let u know after. thats all the info i got from the wedding corrdinator! all they keep saying is "relax, no problem, we've done this before" so im not worried!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post

our hotel package includes transfer between airport and secrets, you should check to see if you could get that as well. if not, i saw shuttles for about $10-20 per person that will go to secrets

yes, mine doesnt include it.
the 20pp - was that just at the airport? so i dont have to worry about purchasing before hand? I know you have been there before so you know the drill!

the hotel can arrange a private transfer but is $112 which is a little too expensive for a 10 min car ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOK View Post

yes, mine doesnt include it.
the 20pp - was that just at the airport? so i dont have to worry about purchasing before hand? I know you have been there before so you know the drill!

the hotel can arrange a private transfer but is $112 which is a little too expensive for a 10 min car ride

Mine is all included through my travel agent. Round-trip transfers to anyone that books through her, which I'm hoping all of our guests do!! 

yes, mine doesnt include it. the 20pp - was that just at the airport? so i dont have to worry about purchasing before hand? I know you have been there before so you know the drill! the hotel can arrange a private transfer but is $112 which is a little too expensive for a 10 min car ride
Yes that price is from the airport. You can try to talk them down as well lol I would double check with your travel agent. Most of them do include transportation in the price or they can add it to each package price for $10-20 each. Something like that

If I have the three hour reception included, how much am I going to be charged for entertainment? DJ or Band? is the 80/person also per hour? There are just alot of small things that aren't clear in the wedding package. We will probably have 30-40 people attending but I don't have a certain number yet. I just want to come up with somewhat of a number to expect to pay for all the extras on top of the $3,000.00 we are already paying for the ceremony. I don't want to spend a WHOLE bunch of extra money since I will already be paying a photographer from outside as well. I am going to bring down my decor and flowers most likely. What other charges am I going to be looking at? 

The $80 pp is total not per hour. Sound system is $540 for 3 hours and a DJ is $750 for 3 hours. Other charges is up to you. There are other things such as decor but nothing major unless you get extra decor. Im bringing alot of my own tho. On the website they have a "wedding guide" which includes pricing for EVERYTHING! You can print it. It alao tells you food options too!

Hey Ladies! 

Anyone have any recommendations on the wedding (beach) casita or having an actual beach wedding? Or if you had one or the other, what were your pros and cons to the location? I know I want the wedding and reception outside (we are getting married in Jamaica after all) but I'm still torn on which option we want. We are expecting about 60 people so both of the gazebos are out. I also wasn't sure which "beach" the wedding/reception is located at. So hard to get an idea of the setup of the resort from a two color map :) Thanks in advance for everyone's help, you Ladies are the best! 

-Cora 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisf1986 View Post

The $80 pp is total not per hour. Sound system is $540 for 3 hours and a DJ is $750 for 3 hours. Other charges is up to you. There are other things such as decor but nothing major unless you get extra decor. Im bringing alot of my own tho. On the website they have a "wedding guide" which includes pricing for EVERYTHING! You can print it. It alao tells you food options too!

Do you have to use a certain DJ? I am kind of on the fence about just bringing our ipod and using it for the music. You would still need someone to run the ipod. Blah!!