Sharon's After-the-Fact Wedding Planning Thread

This site has helped me SO much. I really donâ€t know what I would have done without it. I want to thank all the past and present brides for all their inspiration. My favorite part was going through all the planning threads.  I think I may have read every one of them so of course I have to do one myself!

How we met - My FI and I met through work. We were friends at first and then had a real “date†alone.  Bliss every since lol! We always have the best times together and we both knew there was something different with each other.  We have been together for 7 years!

On top of all the stress with the wedding we also bought our dream house and moved in 4 weeks before we left for Mexico.  It was definitely a crazy ending to a wonderful beginning!!

us.jpg

Proposal - His uncle lives in Ft Lauderdale Florida(we live in PA) so we try to get down there every winter.  December 2010 it was an unusually chilly December in FL. It didnâ€t stop us from being the tourists and heading to our usual spots along the beach!  I love this tequila bar right on the beach; we go there every time we visit.  Margaritas are fabulous and the food is great.  I had a cold that year, nose stuffy and coughing badly.  Well this was the year he popped the question!!  I donâ€t know how he did it because I looked like a god damn mess from being sick and it being cold and windy.  Lol I was SO shocked and surprised, which is very hard to do!  I actually was speechless and said “no†in the meaning "no way".  From that moment I knew a DW wedding was the way to go. And here we are…I was clueless and confused until this site.

Resort – We chose Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico.  Choosing the resort was the easiest part for us. We have vacationed here twice and fell in love with it the very first time. Its beautiful!  I didnâ€t care what people thought of it or if they could afford it…it was happening here! I figured I gave everyone over a year to save…make it happen people!  I never wanted a traditional wedding and always thought it would be so cool to get married on a beach and it finally happened! We were married May 3, 2012! We were there for 10 days – here is a pic of our room view with our own pool!

room.jpg

Dress – Is a Maggie Sottero (Madison Marie). From the moment I started looking at dresses I knew I had to have a Maggie dress. There is just something about her dresses I just love! Sorry I dont have a plain pic of me in it...yet.

dress.jpg

My shoes were hot pink. hard to tell in this photo. I dont have any yet of that day...

shoes.jpg

Bridesmaid dresses are Bill Levkoff. They were long but had them cut to their knees. Very light and comfortable.

Groom and groomsmen outfits were all from Express. 

allus.jpg

Flowers I just selected Gerber Daisies in hot pink, orange and a few yellow. I really love the tropical look so thats what I was going for.

Invitations – Allurement by Rebecca did my STDs, Invites and Bridesmaid cards. She is amazing to work with.  I cannot recommend her enough! If anyone is looking for anything she can do it and you will not be disappointed!! (allurementsbyrebecca.com)

Boarding pass STDs:

Link to my Boarding Pass STDs - http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/71624/my-boarding-pass-stds-are-done

STD.jpg

Passport Invites (6 pages w/boarding pass rsvp):

Link to my Passport Invites - http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/74132/passport-invitations-pics

passport.jpg

Bridesmaids cards:

Link to my Bridesmaid Cards - http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/75023/my-will-you-be-my-bridesmaid-cards-w-pics

BMCards.jpg

OOT BAGS – This was a pain but I am glad I did it. It helped me that I started to buy items pretty early so I wasnâ€t going crazy towards the end. (maybe a little especially with the move!)

I bought white drawstring bags from Amazon. All our guests loved them and everyone including the guys used them everyday!

Link to my OOT Bags & templates -

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/79435/oot-bags-and-welcome-books-finally-done-w-pics-and-templates

bags.jpg

The only custom item I made for the bags were our awesome koozies! Loved them!  It was hard to find because I didnâ€t need a ton. The site I ordered them from were awesome to work with too. They shipped in about 2 days!

Koozies - Totally Promotional  (www.totallykoozies.com)

Link to my Koozies - http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77135/my-koozies-came-in#post_1707225

koozies.jpg

Each bag contains these items:

Advil bottle (10 count) – travel section @ Target

Aloe - travel section @ Target

Sun block - travel section @ Target

Band-Aids packet- travel section @ Target

Mini lint roller - travel section @ Target

Pepto packets - BDW

2 Koozies – totallykoozies

ChapStick spf – Target

Crystal light to go packets – on sale @ Giant

2 Fish bone key chain bottle openers – BDW (thank you dominiqueamber!)

And a pack of Gum

Also had a Welcome letter w/ itinerary, map of resort & thank you letter

welcome.jpg

kit.jpg

On each chair for the ceremony I had ordered Sandalwood Fans  (www.weddingfavorites.com)

fan.jpg

Ordered Maracas for the reception. They were placed on each plate.

Here is a pic of them in the boxes. I just put a bunch in gallon zip lock bags & they were fine in my luggage.

We had fun with them at night! (http://www.amols.com/)

maracas.JPG

maracasfun.jpg

Vista Print Projects -

Took me months to practice at work lol! Of course I finally get the hang of it…I am done. 

I went through about 2 other luggage tag orders before these lol!

I mailed out Luggage tags & pre-travel brochure about 2 weeks before we left. Everyone used the tags & actually loved them because it was so easy to see your bag. I also heard everyone say they loved the brochures too!

Sorry I never took a pic of the tags. I bought the hard insert covers from a BDW bride and used ribbon to tie them to the suitcases.

lugtags.jpg

brouchure.jpg

Tied these to the maracas - 

tags.jpg

I had the WC place the Menu Cards on each table at the reception :

menu.jpg

Address labels since we also moved & they were free!

And thank you cards for my shower

vpstuff.jpg

Free t-shirts:

shirts.jpg

Photographer-

We used Moments that Matter & could not have been happier. I found them on BDW site and was in love the minute I saw the pics. If you are looking for a photographer you should check out their site. He also posts tons of photos on his Facebook page. I am dying to see all our pics! He showed us a few and I know they will be amazing! They were easy to get along & joke with and our guests loved them too.

Etsy – What can I say…I think I developed a problem towards the end!

I actually purchased a pair of earrings & necklace that didnt match my dress too well so then I purchased another set that went perfectly!

from seller CrystalAvenues (love her stuff)

earrings.jpg

bracelet.jpg

shoe bling - which was a b*tch to do because the Do was too thin. I messed it up but oh well!

bling.jpg

Table Numbers - tablenumbers.jpg

Holders - 

starfishholder.jpg

Place settings -

448Settings 

MORE TO COME....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usatrecpt.jpg

My after party dress! After a night of dancing I needed to change!!

party.jpg

I cant wait to see the pro pic of this!!

fun.jpg

group.jpg

This is my favorite shot of the guys...just wish the other groomsmen was not in the restroom!!

favorite.jpg

We had a total of 25 guess come with us and had the time of our lives! It was amazing and unforgettable for us and our guests!

If anyone has any questions let me know. I will post some pro pics once we get some!

I absolutely love everything about your wedding!! You look fabulous and everything you did looks amazing... fingers crossed mine will be atleast a slice of how good yours turn out! Congrats on being a Mrs, wish you all the best! I literally laughed out loud when you said you think you developed a problem towards the end, I feel like I am becoming a shopping addictsmile43.gif oh well its fun and for a good cause (atleast thats how i justify my puchases, hahah)!

Sorry forgot to include the clutches I ordered from Etsy 

For my 3 bridesmaids I added to their OOT Bags a clutchmakeup bag that I bought from seller EdensWake, 5 Smashbox lip glosses(from Ulta), nail filer & clipper set(from Ulta), nail polish(from Ulta), purse hook(Amazon) & earrings(Macys).

purse.jpg

I think thats it...if I think of more I will add!

Thank you so much!

I got the short white dress from Arden B & it was so comfortable. It was from last season so I am not sure if they still have it but I am sure there is something similar there. Everyone loved it too! Honestly, I could have just worn that the entire day.

Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

LOVE your thread..your dress..your hair..colors..EVERYTHING!! Can i ask where you got your 2nd dress from?? Its so sassy!

Thanks!!

LOL I kept seeing things on Etsy that were so cute for the wedding and bridesmaid gifts but I just kept thinking that I have to bring all the crap down, which I was worried about.

We ended up with 3 bags. We both had one with our clothes & an extra full of wedding crap. I was so worried we would get stopped in the airport but thankfully we didn't!

I am sure your wedding will be amazing! No worries! It honestly went by so fast :(

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 View Post

I absolutely love everything about your wedding!! You look fabulous and everything you did looks amazing... fingers crossed mine will be atleast a slice of how good yours turn out! Congrats on being a Mrs, wish you all the best! I literally laughed out loud when you said you think you developed a problem towards the end, I feel like I am becoming a shopping addictsmile43.gif oh well its fun and for a good cause (atleast thats how i justify my puchases, hahah)!