Photo

2013 Now Larimar Brides !!! Any out there ???

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#361 TA Vanessa

TA Vanessa
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

@foreverlove and @dcheer14

For private receptions, they charge the bar fee because they set up a bar with waiter where your reception is being held.  Depending on where you are having your reception, it can be a little walk to the closest bar that is open and the bar set up is to avoid having guests go back and forth for their drinks and take away from the reception.  I have often had this discussion with the all-inclusive resorts and this has been their response.  

#362 danielle404

danielle404
    • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I read the charge for an extra hour of alcohol was $18 dollars per person. Plus tax. (Not sure how much tax).

Is that correct?

#363 EJM17

EJM17
      • 36 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by CrystalRomero 

Ok you have me extremely worried now. What decorating services did you use? I'm thinking minimal decorations so trying to determine if it would be worth it to use the outside vendor. I'm using dj mania though :)

I used the company Innovart Decorations. I worked with Gary the owner and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. I thank him for making my wedding day amazing. This is his Facebook link to see his work: https://www.facebook...vartSRL?fref=ts

My wedding is listed as: "Erica & Joseph Wedding" under his albums.

#364 duchovny0901

duchovny0901
        • Site Supporter
        • 146 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by EJM17 

I used the company Innovart Decorations. I worked with Gary the owner and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. I thank him for making my wedding day amazing. This is his Facebook link to see his work: https://www.facebook...vartSRL?fref=ts

My wedding is listed as: "Erica & Joseph Wedding" under his albums.

EJM you (and your pics) are gorgeous! Congrats again! Your decorator did an amazing job! I was wondering if you had his contact info handy along with any pricing? I'd like to definitely compare what the resort is offering with Innovart's prices. Feel free to send me a private message if you'd like. Also, was your reception held at castaways? Where was your cocktail hour held? And lastly, what was your timeline of events (what time was the ceremony, cocktail hr, dinner, dancing?)? I hope I'm not being obnoxious!

#365 bncandi

bncandi
        • Site Supporter
        • 38 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Anyone book directly with Now for the group rate? I'm trying travel agents but they never call me back! I guess cause its next June they think its too early...I'm so frustrated. I want to get invites out so people can plan!

Attached Files

#366 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
          • 455 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
          • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

@bncandi, try Liberty Travel, I went with them and they had me sand my invites out beginning of Nov 2012 for my Aug 2013 wedding!!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#367 Kacey0829

Kacey0829
          • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Just back from my wedding at The Now Larimar... The Wedding was beautiful, everything went wonderfully.. We used the resort for our pictures, and my mother is a photographer so she stressed over if they would be good based on things we had read on this blog. Well they did an amazing job, over 400 quality edited pictures and an amazing album plus more... Here are just a few

#368 Kejal

Kejal
            • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi Ladies !!!

I just had my wedding at Now Larimar May 10,2013. I hope i can answer all your questions.

email me at kejalbazkan@gmail.com

Happy Planning !!!

#369 duchovny0901

duchovny0901
              • Site Supporter
              • 146 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

@bncandi I got engaged in May of this year and in June, i already had my TA contacting Now for group rates! We've already secured rooms for our August 2014 wedding so it's definitely not too early!

#370 mvee1025

mvee1025
              • 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by CrystalRomero 

It's been awhile since I posted. My wedding is 11/29/13 anyone else in that range? I had a major break down this past weekend and decided I didn't like my wedding or bridesmaids dresses so went out searching for a new one and found both :) I am starting to have extreme anxiety about everything and I'm just not sure why lol I am still trying to figure out what to do for a photographer. A friend was going to do it but she can't come now since she will be pregnant.

Hi Crystal,

I booked Carribean Emotions.  Those guys are great, attentive, responsive and best of all much more economical than all the rest of the ones I looked into and I looked at a lot!

Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users