Photo

2013 Now Larimar Brides !!! Any out there ???

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#331 jldinapoli

jldinapoli
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hey Kristen!  Thanks so much for all of the detailed information!!!  Do you have any pictures?  Out "colors" are turquoise and white but was thinking of doing minimal turquoise at the reception as well because i thought the white looks classy as well.  How was the lighting by the pool.  Is it pretty dark, do they have any lighting that they put up or is mostly just natural lighting, tiki torches (that you  chose) and maybe candles?

Thanks!!

Jen

#332 Kacey0829

Kacey0829
    • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hi CHRISDELUCA,  Was your reception at the quiet pool? It looks like it, and that is where mine is suppose to be. If so I am so glad I picked it....Thank you for sharing.

#333 Gizzmo

Gizzmo
      • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

@crystal- I used these for my centerpieces...I bought them online from shojidecor.com. They have all different colours and styles. All together we spend close to $6,000 for the wedding day for 53 guests (including our deposit). I definitely went over budget, we originally budgeted for around $4,500 but more guests ended up coming. All said and done I wouldn't of changed a thing.

#334 Gizzmo

Gizzmo
        • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Chrisdeluca, I was wondering is that at the quiet pool

#335 Liann03

Liann03
          • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Very nice pics. We are looking into doing some similar in Dreams

#336 Kacey0829

Kacey0829
            • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

chrisdeluca is this the quiet pool?

Originally Posted by chrisdeluca 

@crystal- I used these for my centerpieces...I bought them online from shojidecor.com. They have all different colours and styles. All together we spend close to $6,000 for the wedding day for 53 guests (including our deposit). I definitely went over budget, we originally budgeted for around $4,500 but more guests ended up coming. All said and done I wouldn't of changed a thing.

#337 chrisdeluca

chrisdeluca
              • 84 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yes it is the quiet pool, sorry for my late response

#338 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
                • 455 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
                • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by melodavis 

Hi Ladies,

I will be getting married in a week. I am new to this site and have read about many using other photographers other than the resort photographer. I am super nervous now about using WBA. I just contacted HDC and I can't believe the prices. They are much cheaper and you get more pictures!!! Is it too late for me to change photographers? Those that did use WBA how do you feel about your pictures? I am just super mad now...I can't believe the prices of WBA verses HDC and what all you can get in their packages!!! I should have done more research!!

Those that brought your own sashes, did you get charged a set up for to use your own? My WC told me that it would be an additional $1.00 for each sash. Will they charge me to transfer the sashes from the ceremony chairs to the reception chairs (a total of $2 per sash)?

Hi~ I was told I needed enough sashes for both the ceremony and reception and that is was $1 for the set up fee for each sash, which really sucks, but considering they want $3 each to rent there, and I paid .55 a sash, I am still ahead!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#339 dgirl35

dgirl35
                • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

I heard that if you do not use the WBA photographers you have to pay a $500 vender fee? Is that correct? Has anyone used their photographer? How were the pictures?

#340 mvee1025

mvee1025
                  • 155 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by dollipop 

Hi Ladies :) 

I am getting married at Now Larimar on August 30, 2013 and this thread has been soooo helpful in the planning process. I just had a food related question - if you have a longer reception does the package enable you to have food after dinner? Kind of like a midnight buffet?

Dollipop - I'm getting married 8/28!!!!!!! 

We'll see eachother there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users