Photo

2013 Now Larimar Brides !!! Any out there ???

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#271 JessWins79

JessWins79
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Has anyone done a beach reception and can you dance without renting the platform/stage thing?

Attached Files

#272 mvee1025

mvee1025
    • 155 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I suppose it would be ok since she mentioned if they are part of the group traveling in they would not charge you a vendor fee.

#273 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
      • 455 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hi ladies! I entered the pinning contest for winter weddings and was wondering if you could help me out and vote for me! Here is the link to the board http://www.bestdesti...ons-please-vote

and my entry is

http://pinterest.com/jenniferl0331/winter-wedding-board/

Thanks so much for your help!!!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#274 sabs12

sabs12
      • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Congratulations Donna! Your pictures look stunning! Did you have to bring everything for the beach decoration? including pink fabric for beach gazebo? It looks gorgeous and I just wondered if they had the fabric there or not already

#275 JessWins79

JessWins79
        • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Does/has anyone had Luisa as their wedding coordinator? That's who I was just assigned to... Does she do a good job? Thanks!

#276 MandieTOFF

MandieTOFF
          • 53 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm getting super nervous! Ahhh It seems so far yet so soon! Come on Aprillll 

Amanda Tofflemire

#277 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
            • 227 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

@Sabs12 - Thank you!  I did bring the pink fabric with me, the package only came with the white... I wanted a bit of colour - So we brought just a long piece of pink fabric - gave it to them, and they did what they did - I was very happy with it!  I also brought the chair sashes, and some damask table cloths - Saved a bunch of money!

@Jesswins - I was supposed to have Sylvia, worked with her for a year before we got there and then when we got there found out she was sick... Obviously not anyone's fault, but you can imagine - I was a bit stressed... We were given Luisa, she had a folder of info with emails from me... She was nice... But, I must say - I found her a bit distracted(understandably) ... And there were a few things that got messed up, like number of boutennieres and forgotten flowers for flower girl...  I think though, that if I had been dealing with her all along - this may not have been the case...  In the end I was happy how things turned out.

#278 californiasun

californiasun
              • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the forum and I will be attending a wedding at the Now Larimar resort in mid-May.  I was wondering if anyone knows the scoop on having food/drinks sent to a hotel room for two things .. 1.  A small girls night and 2. The morning of the wedding (getting ready, etc). 

I'm a bit of a newbie and I would like to have some snacks/drinks for a girls night one evening while we are there .. and also something to snack on/drink while we are getting ready on the morning of.  Would this constitute as room service under "all inclusive" if I were to order a few things to eat/drink?

Please let me know if you think this is possible and how I would go about doing so? 

Thanks in advance!

D.J

#279 SusanMike2013

SusanMike2013
                • 123 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by californiasun 

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the forum and I will be attending a wedding at the Now Larimar resort in mid-May.  I was wondering if anyone knows the scoop on having food/drinks sent to a hotel room for two things .. 1.  A small girls night and 2. The morning of the wedding (getting ready, etc). 

I'm a bit of a newbie and I would like to have some snacks/drinks for a girls night one evening while we are there .. and also something to snack on/drink while we are getting ready on the morning of.  Would this constitute as room service under "all inclusive" if I were to order a few things to eat/drink?

Please let me know if you think this is possible and how I would go about doing so? 

Thanks in advance!

D.J

Welcome!!

We are doing the same thing for our girls night. From the info I have: as long as you are ordering from the room service menu you are fine. Preferred Club also had a upgraded room service menu..

There maybe a limited nubmer of drinks you can get per order though. If you are preferred you can talk to the contact you have and they can maybe help you out with that. Or even leave a note for the mini fridge guy with a nice tip requesting extras for the event :-)

If you have the bridal suite for the day of the wedding they will not del. room service there but you can bring in food. There will be fruits and such there but no actual food.

I am there the week of April 20 to 28 so I can let you know how it all went for us when I get back :-)

#280 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
                  • 227 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Also - Room service is a bit on the slow side... So, you may want to order what you need an hour or so ahead of time - They will only deliver about 4 beers at a time - and we had a REALLY hard time having any other sort of alcohol delivered to our room... After my FI had a HUGE fight with the Preferred service people they finally gave us some wine... Without a cork screw!!!    The suite also came with 2 bottles of champagne and the buffet is right next to it - so its easy to get food and booze from there and bring over... Congrats and good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users