2013 Now Larimar Brides !!! Any out there ???

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by rachelandjohnny View Post

Already sent mine an email gonna move my whole event I think because this is prob just the start of them not letting outside people in

Please let me know what they say! Thank you!

I want to ignore this latest revelation, because I'm about to have a panic attack over the photographer situation!!  lol.  I too have hired HDC and have paid the deposit.  I haven't seen anything like that on any of my emails from Silvia (I just went back and checked) and I'm almost afraid to email her about it because I don't want to believe it's true.  

I think that it would be completely ridiculous of the resort to not allow current brides who have already booked and paid deposits to have them change their plans!  I can see if they were to make it a new rule for any new brides booking that they would have to use the resort photographer, but for those of us going down in 2 months!!!!!  I will LOSE it!  Photography was the ONLY thing that was important to me... I didn't care about decorations, or any of the other extras... but I DID want a good photographer for a good price.  

I will seriously have a breakdown if I am unable to have HDC.  :'(

I think I'm just going to pretend I didn't see these posts, and hope and pray that I don't get an email telling me otherwise!!!  Haha.
Ignorance is bliss!  :P

Our wedding is April 16th - our photographers are coming with us, they are guests at the hotel, we are paying for their airfare, room, dinner, chairs etc... We booked them the same time we booked the hotel.

I guess at this point if they were to tell us we could not use them I don't even know what I would say, its not an option. We booked last year, we have never heard this policy or one like it from any resort. Because they are guests I'm going to completely ignore this and not even mention it, they are now my cousins that happen to have really big cameras!

Just a thought.. at 3 to 4 weddings a day... How much coverage is actually given to each wedding?
I am sure the pictures are great... But I want a dedicated to me only person for the day.. not a hour or two. I want all the little things captured, I want special effects added ..

To think of having my wedding pictures ready the day after they are taken is not for me. That to me mean you got a fancy camera and you took some pictures, printed them and put them on a cd.. like anyone can do these days.

My photographer is coming to the resort at lunch time.. my wedding is at 5pm.

He also stated he includes usually 12 hours coverage and I am provided with 2000+  digital prints with edits.  He has ME only that day...
And I will not get these pictures for maybe two months later.. thats fine. Looking at his work it is so worth the wait! 

Everyone is different on what the most important thing of their day is to them.. me it is pictures :-)

Looking at WBA photo website ... there is no mention of Now Larimar....

I was emailed the prices last year

To have close to what I wanted in pictures it was $2500+:

Royal

All photos on CD high quality

HD(RAW)

Room service , dinner service and trash the dress. - No dance? Oh another 200 dollars.. What about other pictures you may want before the actualy wedding?

1 h coverage throughout preparation bride + groom - not enough time IMO, to add an extra hour 200US.. crazy

All photos in a DVD HD (RAW) -  NO EDITS, I could have my aunt or sister in law with her fancy camera do this for me. Same difference, I want edits and some extra touches to them :-)

All photos on DVD in a slideshow (photo + music) - This is so old.. anyone can do this so nothing special

All photos printed 6x8 - Waste of pictures

Photos souvenirs for your family size 4x6

2500 US

I hope they really see how many unhappy brides there will be after hearing this news about no outside photographers. Like you said, what is the big deal??? If you pay the vendor fee, it shouldnt be a damn problem! ARGH!!!! Looks like I am starting the resort hunt from square one again!

Susan,

You have some very old packages. Now they have new packages and also they can make different packages, according to your needs. My package doesn't includes printed photos and they made me discounts for this. Also, they are three or four photographers so, if they have three or four wedding per day will be one photographer per wedding! 

Originally Posted by SusanMike2013 View Post

Just a thought.. at 3 to 4 weddings a day... How much coverage is actually given to each wedding?

I am sure the pictures are great... But I want a dedicated to me only person for the day.. not a hour or two. I want all the little things captured, I want special effects added ..

To think of having my wedding pictures ready the day after they are taken is not for me. That to me mean you got a fancy camera and you took some pictures, printed them and put them on a cd.. like anyone can do these days.

My photographer is coming to the resort at lunch time.. my wedding is at 5pm.

He also stated he includes usually 12 hours coverage and I am provided with 2000+  digital prints with edits.  He has ME only that day...

And I will not get these pictures for maybe two months later.. thats fine. Looking at his work it is so worth the wait! 

Everyone is different on what the most important thing of their day is to them.. me it is pictures :-)

Looking at WBA photo website ... there is no mention of Now Larimar....

I was emailed the prices last year

To have close to what I wanted in pictures it was $2500+:

Royal

All photos on CD high quality

HD(RAW)

Room service , dinner service and trash the dress. - No dance? Oh another 200 dollars.. What about other pictures you may want before the actualy wedding?

1 h coverage throughout preparation bride + groom - not enough time IMO, to add an extra hour 200US.. crazy

All photos in a DVD HD (RAW) -  NO EDITS, I could have my aunt or sister in law with her fancy camera do this for me. Same difference, I want edits and some extra touches to them :-)

All photos on DVD in a slideshow (photo + music) - This is so old.. anyone can do this so nothing special

All photos printed 6x8 - Waste of pictures

Photos souvenirs for your family size 4x6

2500 US

Im glad you posted this! It is so true, and like you said, it is the most important part of the wedding for me as well. I am taking a lot of time and thought behind my details, I want them captured!

Ok so I have spoken to my planner at Luxe and they are in contact with the hotel about this. I have told them I will choose another resort if this doesn't pan out. Still waiting to here also super upset that if I wasn't on this forum I wouldn't have even known then flipped out later. Anyways ill keep you all posted to their response if they don't change it I'm back to the drawing board which is so stressful I'm freaking out!