Kristen0000

2013 Now Larimar Brides !!! Any out there ???

Never posted here, but read constantly. However I received an email from my WC today stating form February 16th, no outside photographers are permitted.   Just thought I would share that info.
that is so strange, I specifically asked about outside photographers in my question about vendors and was not told that, can you copy and paste that email please. I'm extremely concerned about this now. I know for a fact other brides have had outside photographers and I already booked HDC. thanks!

I just emailed my WC Luisa, I also booked and paid my down payment for HDC and I need clarification. I have never been sent anything stating no outside photographers and am very concerned right now.I will let you ladies know as soon.as I find out.

This is what was at the bottom of an email I received.

Francina Rodriguez 
Weddings Coordinator
Now Larimar & Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Av. 
Alemania S/N, El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach 
Prov. La Altagracia, República Dominicana 
T. 809-221-4646 Ext. 7422 F. 809-285-6851

weddings1.serpc@secretsresorts.com

weddings1.nolpc@nowresorts.com

AMResorts Social Media

Secrets Resorts & SpasNow Resorts & Spas

From February 16th, 2013, outside photographers are not allowed into the hotel. Please ask about our photo and video packages.

Originally Posted by MandieTOFF View Post

Yikess...... I hope this doesn't affect anyone that have deposits down. Very concerned. 

Me too! Thats crazy! I have never heard of this type of thing! I am really starting to reconsider my choice for Now. I am almost at the 5 mth point and if I didnt have all my guests already booked I would move my wedding. This is awful.

this is what I received from Luisa, my WC on 2/12, when I specifically asked about outside photographers

Jennifer Lang <jenniferl0331@gmail.com> Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM
To: Bodas SERPC <weddings3.serpc@secretsresorts.com>
Hi Luisa, I am working on my spreadsheet and have a question about outside vendors. I am having an outside photographer. Do I pay the vendor fee per vendor, or per person? In case my photographer brings a assistant, will I pay $300 or $150? Thanks!
Bodas SERPC <weddings3.serpc@secretsresorts.com> Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM
To: Jennifer Lang <jenniferl0331@gmail.com>
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your email!

Regarding your question, we apply the outside vendor fee per person.

Should you have any other question, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Luisa Miranda

well ladies this is the response I got:

Luisa Miranda <weddings3.serpc@secretsresorts.com> Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM
To: Jennifer Lang <jenniferl0331@gmail.com>

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your email!

Regarding your question, unfortunately from February 16th,2013 our management decided do not allow outside photographer at the resort.

In your case I recommend to ask HDC if your deposit is refundable .

For photo and video services, please contact:

Contact Information: Ms. Ana Maria

Tel.: 829.961.0773

Email: weddings@wbastudio.com

Should you have any other questions or comments, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Luisa Miranda
Weddings Coordinator
Now Larimar & Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Av.
Alemania S/N, El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach
Prov. La Altagracia, República Dominicana

T. 809-221-4646 Ext. 7422 F. 809-285-6851

weddings3.serpc@secretsresorts.com

weddings3.nolpc@nowresorts.com

AMResorts Social Media

Secrets Resorts & SpasNow Resorts & Spas

From February 16th, 2013, outside photographers are not allowed into the hotel. Please ask about our photo and video packages.

I let her know I am extremely upset and at this point thinking about moving my whole wedding. I am so sick over this right now. Hopefully we can get enough of us to complain that this can be changed. Please email your wedding coordinator and let them know you are upset about this also!!!

So maybe the just mean without paying the fee I don't see why they should care who we use they are still getting our money. Anyways I have an outside WC with Luxe Destination weddings so hopefully she can figure all this out. I have only put a deposit down might move if this is the case I have a year.