2013 Now Larimar Brides !!! Any out there ???

Hey :)

So far we have 15 people hoping for a couple more for our group and we are dealing with Allison Travel.

I am indifferent too for the date we get married, I am hoping that we will get approved for the 23. We will definitely have to meet while we are there:)

The fiance and I are arguing over the symbolic legal and renewal of vows... maybe you can answer this. The Legal is you pay 550 or something close to that plus you have to have all documents translated blah blah blah ... then Symbolic you still pay 500 and you get a minister or priest? and renewal of vows is when the wedding coordinator does the wedding and you don't pay the 500? 

Is that how it works? 

Do you have your dress already or an idea of what you want yet? How many bridesmaids? Color scheme?

I feel so excited and nervous and the time will flyy by! 

Nice to know we will have some more Canadians there:)

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O thats a great group! We are finding more ppl are backing out now :-( Poor hubby has no one going from his friends or family...( we gave everyone a 2 year heads up)

If you want a legal wedding you have to be there 3 business days prior to the wedding.. so the 23 may not work for you.. might be something to look into...

The symbolic is no additional cost from what I understand..it is listed in all 3 of the wedding packages, the wedding co ord. there performs the wedding... or even someone in your group if you wish... The two legal you pay for is either a "Catholic" wedding or a legal wedding.....

Yes I got my dress :-) Well its ordered....and got hubby's ring (I am fighting to not have one...haha I love my engagement ring too much to put anything with it).

I have 3 confirmed bridemaids... but I may add a fourth...

And colors... haha no idea.. I told the girls to pick what ever they wanted. I suggested colbolt blue ( the color of my shoes) but left it up to them. For colors in the wedding.. I could care less about that sort of thing... I am hoping to keep the wedding very low cost so paying extra for color decorations is not something I am looking at just yet... See how many ppl go and what package I need.

I am using TPI travel and have to say my travel agent is beyond amazing (she is the third agent I spoke with in trying to get this wedding planning started). We are going with Sunwing.... I would of liked to be with Air Canada so everyone would be on the same filght from NS and NL but the prices were so much more and wanted deposits by end of May...

It exciting and fustrating at the same time...  but once we get there it will all work out.

My best friend got married in Mexico a few years ago, the day of the wedding was so stress free. I decided that day I would be having a dest. wedding .. haha I was single at the time!

Hi Ladies !!!
I eventually heard back from the resort after waiting 3 weeks since sending my deposit info in! My agent said April to June is the busiest time for weddings down south, so it may take a little longer to hear back from them ...

They have sent me a few info packages that I can post for you!

My date is April 11th 2013 so these prices are current. Anyone else traveling that date?

Has anyone found raffia fans? Other then online?

Has anyone chosen their reception venue yet? Private or a restaurant?

http://www.amresorts.com/wedding_guides/nolpc-wedding-guide.pdf

MENU WBA WEDDING WEB.pdf

Hi Mandie!

There is no additional fee for a symbolic wedding, you only have to pay if you want a legalized ceremony.

The symbolic is included in every package ....

I looked into all of the options .. and it is quite expensive to actually be legally married in DR.

And yes you have to have everything translated to go down there, then have them translated again when you get back into Canada....which again costs more to do!

My fiance and I are getting married here the week before we leave, just having someone come into our home (we will have two friends here to sign for us aswell).

Most people are a little nervous of getting married here first and then having their guests come to a 'fake' wedding.

I have found that most brides on BDW don't tell everyone lol ... only a few people who they can trust.

The coordinator still has you sign documents during your ceremony so it still looks like it's the actual legal ceremony.

Hope that helps :)

Kristen

Hi all... I finally have my confirmation after a number of issues...

- first I had to call VISA to have them un block my card for them to charge the deposit... so that caused a snag..

Then once my card was charged I was told it would still not work.. after seeing the charge on my card and calling VISA to double confirm...

Thankfully my travel agent has been out of this world and took care of ALL of the getting the date booked for us.. she made a number of calls to the resort and got it all fixed up :-) ( for anyone booking a trip in Nova Scotia.. I would HIGHLY recommend my travel agent)

She did say it was easy to get ahold of Mercy and that these little snags can happen and it was good that Mercy was easily accessible via telephone as some resorts make it impossible to get in touch with the wedding dept. So that's a good sign going forward!

We are getting married April 24th at 6pm.

Travel April 20th to 27th from Halifax.

I haven't had any decisions on anything yet... I was told 2 month before the wedding is when those decisions will take place.

All I know it will be a beach wedding and the dinner/dance I guess depends on how many guests I end up with. (private for sure though)

From here on I am going to "try" and not stress over the little stuff :-)

Hello everyone,

Wedding date: April 24, at 4pm

Travel: April 20-27

We contacted the wedding coordinator and we asked about how it works for the symbolic ceremony and they advised that there is a charge for a non-denominational officiate for $500.00 as the Symbol in all the packages has a * if the wedding coordinator performs the ceremony there is no extra charge though this is what we understood from what she said. I believe we are going to pay the extra amount as I think it would seem strange if the wedding coordinator did the vows.

We are getting married at city hall and having two friends be our witness for us.  I`m so nervous someone will find out… But in my eyes it is the actual wedding at the resort and the city hall part is just documents to complete before we can get married. It makes me feel better thinking that.

Wow Iâ€m glad everything worked out with your Visa that would be so stressful!

I think it`s awesome we get married on the same dayJ I`m so excited!

Cheers.

Hello everyone,

Wedding date: April 24, at 4pm

Travel: April 20-27

We contacted the wedding coordinator and we asked about how it works for the symbolic ceremony and they advised that there is a charge for a non-denominational officiate for $500.00 as the Symbol in all the packages has a * if the wedding coordinator performs the ceremony there is no extra charge though this is what we understood from what she said. I believe we are going to pay the extra amount as I think it would seem strange if the wedding coordinator did the vows.

We are getting married at city hall and having two friends be our witness for us.  I`m so nervous someone will find out… But in my eyes it is the actual wedding at the resort and the city hall part is just documents to complete before we can get married. It makes me feel better thinking that.

Wow Iâ€m glad everything worked out with your Visa that would be so stressful!

I think it`s awesome we get married on the same dayJ I`m so excited!

Cheers.

Hi Ladies! 

So great to read your posts.  I have been trying to find the best deal and where to go and who to go with. I have put in a request to go through Sunwing to leave on April 24 (the day both of you ladies are getting married!) and go to NOW Larimar.  Now I am anxiously waiting to hear back. 

We are also going to get married in Ottawa before we leave - we are going go to the Justice of the Peace on January 16th, the day that we met.  We have told our family and they think it makes sense. We will go for dinner afterwards

We will be getting Chris' brother in law to marry us., ,

Just looking at what is available for weddings and there is not a lot available for that week..for 4-8 :(