Photo

2013 bride here still deciding on a punta cana resort need serious help never knew the this could be soo stressful

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mistyblues

mistyblues
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

I stuck between Majestic Colonial Punta Cana and Gran Bahia Principe bavaro or Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana

1. my biggest concern is to keep quest travel cost down

2. Private wedding reception

3. Great photo graghy

4. great selection of food

5. lot of things to do for the guests

any tips advice from any specially brides that been to these resorts would be soo helpful

#2 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
    • 183 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Go to the hard rock punta Cana!-good price if you are dealing with a good travel agent -tons of restaurants like 10 and 16 or so bars 3 swim up bars and 1500 in resort credits per room for spa excursions golf ect so your guest don't have to bring much extra money. And all of there wedding packages are for 30 people not 8 or 10 like other resorts. Pm me and I'll send you the info I have on there wedding packages. We're flying from canada and its quite expensive but for the resort aspect were getting an amazing price plus if you get 12 rooms for a week you get free unlimited private parties for the week 7 comp room nights and a voucher for your 1 yr anniversary

#3 mistyblues

mistyblues
      • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Someone I know got married there so wanted to go somewhere different lmfao

#4 ArcBride23

ArcBride23
        • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hi!

I am thinking about getting married at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana summer 2013. How much are the rooms for the guests? Are you having a reception with food?

Thanks!

Johanna

#5 mistyblues

mistyblues
          • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

www.hardrockhotelpuntacana.com/weddings/packages theres the packages :)

#6 mistyblues

mistyblues
            • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

www.hardrockhotelpuntacana.com/weddings/packages theres the packages :)

#7 VanessaNL

VanessaNL
              • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hi, We decided on the Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda in Punta Cana. It's the newest on the GBP Compound. We selected because it was the best blend of luxury and price. The wedding package had everything we wanted for a good price. Because it's so new, I am having a hard time finding reviews and pictures of weddings on the resort though.

#8 sosodj

sosodj
                • 199 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

I'm having the same problem, i booked for May 2013 but i can't find any pirctures or reviews. Have you heard anything about their in house DJ?

#9 VanessaNL

VanessaNL
                  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

Hi Sosodj, I haven't heard anything about their DJ. We are getting married in march 2013. we are planning a private reception, just a dinner at their italian resturant for our guests, and then whoever is up for it, head to the disco afterwards. Most of these resorts though are open to guests bringing their own music, either on CD's or MP3's. I have found the wedding coordinators on the resort, great for answering my questions though, so perhaps you can email them about that.

#10 sosodj

sosodj
                    • 199 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by VanessaNL 

Hi Sosodj, I haven't heard anything about their DJ. We are getting married in march 2013. we are planning a private reception, just a dinner at their italian resturant for our guests, and then whoever is up for it, head to the disco afterwards. Most of these resorts though are open to guests bringing their own music, either on CD's or MP3's. I have found the wedding coordinators on the resort, great for answering my questions though, so perhaps you can email them about that.

Which wedding coordinator have you been dealing with? i'm dealing with Minel, who i have found to be really helpful but i just thought that if i asked her about DJ she would never say that he was bad. There is an option for getting an outside DJ but they still charge you $100, but who really knows if they will be good either.

How far are you with you planning have you booked/chosen anything for your wedding, flowers, decoration, menu etc. I've never been to the resort but someone i know went there in March and they said that the Italian restaurant was really good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users