Taking a leap of faith!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dazeydawl

• 861 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

So today i bought my dress. Its been a long process to say the least. I fell in love with a dress online months ago.. the picture of this dress has been on my phone ever since and i look at it almost daily. The problem was that no bridal shop in my city carries this dress. In fact the closest retailer that carries a sample is a 13 hour drive away!!! I actually bought a dress about a month ago and had buyers remorse after cause i kept looking at it and comparing it to the one that i cant get out of my head. Turns out my deposit didnt go through on that dress so it was never ordered. i was relieved.  So today i decided to just go ahead and order it without even trying it on (ahhhhhhh!!!!) I have tried on many dresses in this silhouette and i know i love the fit. Now im just hoping its everything ive hoped it to be and 'the one' lol. Heres a pic of the dress

Has anyone out there bought a dress without trying it on first? How did it go, did you still love it?

#2 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Jeez, talk about a leap of faith!  I'm glad to see that you've tried the silhouette and are sure that you love it.  And I agree that you NEED to be happy with your dress, so I'm glad you went ahead and ordered it!  Good luck and I hope it's everything you dreamed it would be!

#3 Mlite83

• 384 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Wow - it is stunning! Good luck and be sure to post a photo when you get it and let us know how it turns out for you!!

#4 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Beautiful dress.  I don't think i would have been brave enough to order a dress without trying it on.  I hope it works out for you!

#5 cherany

• 234 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

Congrats, date twin! ;) I'm sure you will love it! I plan to order my dress without trying it on, as well, if I'm unable to get it at a local shop. Like you, I'm familiar with how the cut looks on my body and have no concerns about fit because of that. I also can't imagine another dress measuring up to the one I fell in love with!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users