Jump to content

Photo

WW for 2008 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#141 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,830 posts

    Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:00 PM

    That IS a great acronym

    #142 *JillD*

    *JillD*
    • Sr. Member
    • 5,112 posts

      Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes
      I'm noticing a trend in my WW activity. I do GREAT during the week - stay on all my points, don't even use most of my bank points from working out and make healthy choices. The weekend is another story, though. Sometimes I hardly even count points!
      Oh I hear ya on that!! In the back of my mind I swear my little points calculator disappears on the weekends and suddenly reappears first thing monday morning, its awful!!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by gkashmira
      Thanks! I totally stole the main ideas from my WW leader but I came up with the Acronym all on my own! But I think you are so right - being able to treat yourself is what i think a lot of us are looking for on the weekends because "we've been so good all week." (this is what my brain in thinking at least). Finding a way to do this without blowing all my hard work makes me feel good and also not deprived.
      You know, I never use my 35 bank points or my exercise points (or should I say, I never actually write them down and count them!!) But maybe if I actually did save them and use them on the weekends, it would help me to stay on track better. I'm going to try that this week.

      I also joined the self challenge yesterday, today was my first day doing it. They give you lists and how many of each item to eat, I tried it today instead of counting points, just to see how I would do. I did well and I just counted up how many points I actually ate for the day and I still have 7 left for the day, so I can have a little snack later.

      I like that I can log my info on selfs website, since I don't have a WW membership and I'm also following there exercise plan.

      Now I've just got to keep myself on track when the weekend comes!

      #143 gkashmira

      gkashmira
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,962 posts

        Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jilly76
        Oh I hear ya on that!! In the back of my mind I swear my little points calculator disappears on the weekends and suddenly reappears first thing monday morning, its awful!!



        You know, I never use my 35 bank points or my exercise points (or should I say, I never actually write them down and count them!!) But maybe if I actually did save them and use them on the weekends, it would help me to stay on track better. I'm going to try that this week.

        I also joined the self challenge yesterday, today was my first day doing it. They give you lists and how many of each item to eat, I tried it today instead of counting points, just to see how I would do. I did well and I just counted up how many points I actually ate for the day and I still have 7 left for the day, so I can have a little snack later.

        I like that I can log my info on selfs website, since I don't have a WW membership and I'm also following there exercise plan.

        Now I've just got to keep myself on track when the weekend comes!
        Well for me that's what those flex points are for. Otherwise when the weekend comes I just say F it - I want to have fun and I end up being out of control. You don't have to do it but maybe it will help.

        I signed up for the Self-Challenge too but then since I have a WW monthly pass I already track all my food and exercise points there. So I'm sort of overwhelmed with tracking! However I think for me I want to track on both for a day or two to try and figure out how many calories (not just points) I am actually eating. I think it would be very interesting...
        Kashmira & Dan
        Happily married since June 16, 2007
        http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
        Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
        Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

        #144 KarmaB

        KarmaB
        • Member
        • 796 posts

          Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

          That was a fantastic acronym Kashmira! I nominate you to become our "group" leader! LOL. You are so full of information!

          Do any of you ladies track cleaning, laundry, ect as activity points?

          I noticed it was in there, but kind of feel like it's cheating on activity points?

          #145 *JillD*

          *JillD*
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,112 posts

            Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by gkashmira
            Well for me that's what those flex points are for. Otherwise when the weekend comes I just say F it - I want to have fun and I end up being out of control. You don't have to do it but maybe it will help.

            I signed up for the Self-Challenge too but then since I have a WW monthly pass I already track all my food and exercise points there. So I'm sort of overwhelmed with tracking! However I think for me I want to track on both for a day or two to try and figure out how many calories (not just points) I am actually eating. I think it would be very interesting...
            Thats exactly what happens on the weekend, I go out of control, but really if I didn't go totally crazy and used my extra points, I don't think I'd do too bad. And usually what happens is once I eat one bad thing, it just snowballs because I say "Oh well, I already messed up might as well continue". But really, I could definetly get myself to have a low point breakfast and a light lunch and still have plenty of regular points and my extra points to have some weekend treats.

            I do like how self tells you the calories, but it is a lot of tracking to count points and track on self, but I'm trying to still do both.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrsB
            That was a fantastic acronym Kashmira! I nominate you to become our "group" leader! LOL. You are so full of information!

            Do any of you ladies track cleaning, laundry, ect as activity points?

            I noticed it was in there, but kind of feel like it's cheating on activity points?
            I've never done this, it does sort of feel like cheating, but they do list it.

            #146 Yari

            Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

              Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:36 AM

              The meeting today was pretty cool! It really motivated me and got me excited.

              #147 jajajaja

              jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

                Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

                I'm not a big tapioca person but here's a recipe I got at my last meeting.

                Tapioca Pudding
                Makes 3 cups
                ½ c. = 2 points
                ¾ c. = 3 points
                1/3 c. Splenda
                3 tbsp. Tapioca (minute)
                2 ¾ c. 1% milk
                1 egg beaten

                Place above ingredients in large sauce pan, let stand 5 minutes
                Cook on Medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full boil
                Remove from heat
                Add 1 tsp. vanilla
                Happily married since 2008

                #148 lucy106

                lucy106
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,880 posts

                  Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                  I'm not a big tapioca person but here's a recipe I got at my last meeting.

                  Tapioca Pudding
                  Makes 3 cups
                  ½ c. = 2 points
                  ¾ c. = 3 points
                  1/3 c. Splenda
                  3 tbsp. Tapioca (minute)
                  2 ¾ c. 1% milk
                  1 egg beaten

                  Place above ingredients in large sauce pan, let stand 5 minutes
                  Cook on Medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full boil
                  Remove from heat
                  Add 1 tsp. vanilla
                  Oh thats sounds yummy! Thank you!!

                  Holy crap Rachel you are 28 days away!! You must be excited!!

                  #149 AlmostMrsForbes

                  AlmostMrsForbes
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 238 posts

                    Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

                    i weighed in at my ww at work meeting today, and i'm down 2lbs this week!

                    yea!

                    #150 Yari

                    Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

                      Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes
                      i weighed in at my ww at work meeting today, and i'm down 2lbs this week!

                      yea!
                      Congrats, that is awesome!!!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users