278 replies to this topic

#91 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyCheese
    Thx Kashmira for all the tips...you are right, setting small goals for the near future is prob more effective that setting one for 8 mths down the road...I told myself I was going to start WW last week and I didnt but I will begin this week for sure...I have to sign up so I can get the books, etc...and maybe the meetings will keep me motivated as well
    We can totally help each other. Maybe even keep each other accountable. What day do you think you will go to meetings? I go on Wednesdays.

#92 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
    • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

I was just about to ask if theres a common thread where we can "weigh-in" every week and see how we did....Let me go online real quick and see if they have a wednesday meeting I can go to after work. brb

#93 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
        I was just about to ask if theres a common thread where we can "weigh-in" every week and see how we did....Let me go online real quick and see if they have a wednesday meeting I can go to after work. brb
        Ok, sounds good.

I think we should post under this thread...thoughts?

#94 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Yari
          Ok, sounds good.

I think we should post under this thread...thoughts?
          Ok I'm back...looks like I can attend meetings Thurs. nights. How long are meetings usually, like 30mins?

Yeah we can post under this thread OR we can start a new thread each week on the same day with a title like "This weeks weigh-in" or something like that. ??

#95 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
            Ok I'm back...looks like I can attend meetings Thurs. nights. How long are meetings usually, like 30mins?

Yeah we can post under this thread OR we can start a new thread each week on the same day with a title like "This weeks weigh-in" or something like that. ??
            Very cool! I am so excited.

Ok, let's start a new thread once a week. I hope its okay though...

#96 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

Yeah this is cool!!! I have to totally do it and we can help each other out. Hopefully others will join in on our "virtual" meetings

#97 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

Quote:
                Yeah this is cool!!! I have to totally do it and we can help each other out. Hopefully others will join in on our "virtual" meetings
                I love it...so excited!

#98 KarmaB

KarmaB
                • 796 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:38 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gkashmira

GHave you guys seen the Week 3 or 4 (can't remember) 2008 brochure about how to set exercise goals? I just started using it and I've found it to be really helpful. Basically you take this quiz to determine at what frequency level you are right now with your exercise. Then you go to that section and it tells you what exercise goals you should set for yourself (in terms of exercise points earned). Right now I am working on getting a minimum of 7 exercise points a week. once you do that consistently you add 2 points and you aim for 9, then 11, etc. etc. until you are at 28 points/week (that's 4 points a day!!!). Anyway just making the goal to earn 7 right now is helping me to motivate.
                  I need to read this brochure. I'm so bad about going to the gym. I really need to get back into it. I do Yoga twice a week now though.

What kinds of exercise are you planning on doing?

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Yari
                  Very cool! I am so excited.

Ok, let's start a new thread once a week. I hope its okay though...
                  Count me in for this. Knowing that I have to be accountable will help so much.

#99 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:39 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by FutureMrsB
                    Count me in for this. Knowing that I have to be accountable will help so much.
                    Sounds good!

#100 lucy106

lucy106
                    • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

Glad I found this thread. I am starting WW on Monday with a goal of losing 40lbs by Nov. Is that possible? Thanks for this thread and I am looking forward to the support! I already read some great recipes from you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users