Sign in to follow this  
Yari

WW for 2008 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenvh View Post
I did my first weigh in this morning. I lost 2 pounds my first week on WW. Yay.cheer2.gif
I think I need a digital scale though. Mine is hard to read accurately.
That is awesome!!! Way to Go!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari2566 View Post
Wow, ZERO points...that is great! I love soup, I will definitely check it out.

On another note I had a tough time keeping my points this weekend. I work for a non-profit and our huge gala was this Friday and Saturday. Needless to say I ate without tracking. Ugh! Oh well, at least I started fresh today.

Let's start this week off with a BANG! cheer2.gif
You girls have inspired me! I'm a lifetime member and went back because I know I've put on about 10lbs from school ... so, this is my first week back!

I made the garden soup since I take my lunch to school and it's easy! Just FYI --- the fiber can be a little "rough" on the digestive system if you're not used to having so much at once!

Also - there's a great article in October's Good Housekeeping --- it's called a "soup diet" - and it's basically the same WW soup, but with a number of variations (you start with a garden vegetable base and add different things for seven different soups) ... I'm going to make a batch over the weekend and try it next week! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

I did WW back in 2002/2003. I just did the Home version (where you buy the books online and do it yourself without meetings.) I ended up losing about 40 pounds in 6 months. I still have the books and try to do it from time to time. However, mostly these days I pay more attention to calories rather than points.

Here's a great "recipe" for a low point grilled cheese sandwich.

2 slices of Wonder light Italian bread = 1 point

2 slices of Kraft 2% American cheese = 2 points

6 slices of Hillshire Farms packaged ham = 1 point

Grill it with Pam = 0 points

And if you want, you can add 32 Oreida fast food fries for another 4 points. Ketchup is 0 points.

That's an 8 point meal. Not bad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenvh View Post
I agree about the straw. I tend to drink more when I have my bottle with the straw and I forgot it at home today. Argh.

I just tried the Progresso Light soup last night...ZERO points for a serving (1/2 the can) It's 2 points for the whole can but that is dinner for me and I can't complain about a 2 point dinner. It was really good too. Thank god it's almost fall and soup will be sounding tasty.
Okay I am behind but I did start on the 8th as I mentioned and i am down 6 lbs!!!

However I totally found that progresso light soup and I love it!!!! I don't normally like canned soup and this is great!!! However.....what do you mean the whole can is 2 pointshuh.gif?? I totallly thought it was 0 for the whole canhuh.gif??

I am so upset now. sad.gif

I am behind too....stupid overtime @ work!

I managed to sneak out to a meeting last night & lost 3 pounds since the last time I weighed (skipped a week). I wish I had more time to focus on WW but things are kinda crazy right now. My eating is OK, but I just don't have time to workout!

BTW, thanks for the tips on the water.

Oh yeah...I don't exercise...not that I am against it (althought not fond of it)...I am just having trouble getting into a routine w/ school and work and the lack of extra time. All my extra time is spent studying!!! UGH!!

I've been very bad too! I haven't weighed in for two weeks. The stress of buying a house is getting to me. Ugh!

I need to snap out of it.