LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starchild
    Now that's funny!!!! I wish more parents were like that..lol
    tell me about it! kids aren't allowed to touch anything these days for fear of "germs" - how are they supposed to build up their immune systems!? i'm no slob, but i feel so bad when i see parents freaking out when their kid touches something like a floor - they won't die - i promise! they're just raising little germ-a-phobes! lol

#22 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

Oh totally. We used to eat this plant, we called it "sourgrass" but they are these tall green stems that when you bite them they taste like sweet and sour candy. I think they are weeds, they grew on the side of houses and stuff...LOL

Anyway I remember clearly one day picking them to eat with my friend from next door. Her mom asked my grandfather "Do you think it's okay for them to eat those?" and my grandpa says "Sure, they aren't coming back up, are they?". Can you imagine most adults nowadays letting kids eat weeds as long as they aren't making them vomit? So funny.

#23 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

i love it! my mom was so laid back too ... hopefully i can be like her, and my friend. i'm sure it won't be an issue. on the other hand, i have another friend that i KNOW will be paranoid about stuff like that. it will be interesting when the 3 of us get together and our kids are eating weeds or licking rocks, and hers are carrying around a bottle of hand sanitizer!

#24 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:04 PM

hahaha...that will be hilarious!

#25 jenvh

jenvh
          • 135 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

I hope I can be a parent like earlier generations (to some extent). I want my kids to be kids. I want them to fail and be disappointed so they can learn from it. I want them to have discipline (that will be easier said than done. hah. I am such a pushover)

#26 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:02 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              i love it! my mom was so laid back too ... hopefully i can be like her, and my friend. i'm sure it won't be an issue. on the other hand, i have another friend that i KNOW will be paranoid about stuff like that. it will be interesting when the 3 of us get together and our kids are eating weeds or licking rocks, and hers are carrying around a bottle of hand sanitizer!
              My mom was very laid back too. I'm scared that I will be one of those paranoid moms!!! I'm trying to supress it, but I'm scared that when I have a kid that it will come spilling out! I don't wanna be chasing my kid with the hand sanitizer!!! Save me! LOL!!!

Thanks so much for the perspective in this thread. When I was a kid, I fell down, tasted grass, played with bugs, etc. and I'm perfectly fine!!! Thanks for the reality check!

#27 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:08 AM

Ohh after the first couple of kids you run out of energy to worry so much, oh poor Liam! LOL

#28 march132010

march132010
                • 1,057 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:33 AM

Love this so true.................... My kids still have to be home before the street light comes on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users