Wedding colors

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#91 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by bmelko 

I think it's going to look amazing.  The  teal is a good contrast against the sand.  I don't feel like they're too dark; in fact, I love the neutral colors together, the blend really well. 

I second that!!.. Cinnagirl, I love your colors!.

#92 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

Quote:

I think it's going to look amazing.  The  teal is a good contrast against the sand.  I don't feel like they're too dark; in fact, I love the neutral colors together, the blend really well. 

+1 Cinnagirl. I love bold saturated colors and these will compliment the sand and the sea perfecty! I had similar reservations with my color scheme of chartreuse and sangria, but I made the chartreuse my primary and added fuchsia as an additional accent color.

#93 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
      • 313 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

LOVE! Very Elegant :)

#94 Noxx

Noxx
        • 97 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Thank you so much Shay4966! love the ideas you posted. I like to idea of adding orange or yellow as well.

#95 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
          • 261 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

Thanks ladies!! I feel much more confident about our colour scheme now. I think it's just hard when I don't see many beach weddings on the internet with deeper colour schemes so I find it hard to visualize what I'm planning. But I'm sure it'll all work out now.  :)

#96 jordanb

jordanb
            • 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Agree - I think having some more neutral colors with a "pop" of something bright is stunning for a beach wedding. We're doing whites, silvers and sandy colors, and then bright orangy-pink is the pop. It's enough to belend with the sand I think, and add a tropical touch (just like your green)!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#97 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
              • 789 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Gorgeous, cinnagirl! I just finished a jewelry collection for a bride who will be incorporating the peacock teal in her wedding! To tie everything together, some of her jewelry and her bridesmaids jewelry (barefoot sandals, earrings, bracelet) add in those POPs!

Everyone's doing such bright colours! I feel like mine are dark in comparison. 

Our colours are teal with brown, beige, white and green. Keeping it fairly neutral, but I'm hoping the teal will pop against the sand. 

#98 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                • 861 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Can anyone help me with my colors.....

I had originally picked out dark purple (eggplant) with ivory lace and burlap..

But my groom really wants light grey linen suits and i cant picture it in my head mixing well with the burlap accents

So i was debating on taking out the burlap and just using ivory lace with eggplant and grey/silver

But my invites and most of my wedding stationary are being done with kraft paper which is brown and rustic, which i picked out because of the burlap. The paper is already bought and i would hate for it to goto waste.

Any ideas? or is it just me that i shouldnt mix the grey with the brown?

#99 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
                  • 261 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 

Gorgeous, cinnagirl! I just finished a jewelry collection for a bride who will be incorporating the peacock teal in her wedding! To tie everything together, some of her jewelry and her bridesmaids jewelry (barefoot sandals, earrings, bracelet) add in those POPs!

Those are lovely Chelsea! I'll definitely be in contact regarding some barefoot jewelry for myself and my bridal party. :)

#100 Vancouver Bride

Vancouver Bride
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 85 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

Can anyone help me with my colors.....

I had originally picked out dark purple (eggplant) with ivory lace and burlap..

But my groom really wants light grey linen suits and i cant picture it in my head mixing well with the burlap accents

So i was debating on taking out the burlap and just using ivory lace with eggplant and grey/silver

But my invites and most of my wedding stationary are being done with kraft paper which is brown and rustic, which i picked out because of the burlap. The paper is already bought and i would hate for it to goto waste.

Any ideas? or is it just me that i shouldnt mix the grey with the brown?

Hi Dazeydawl

In my opinion, you can change the wedding colours without the burlap and keep your wedding invites as it. Most people won't notice if the invites don't match the wedding colours. I'd choose what you think will look best in photos-maybe ask your wedding photographer about adding the grey/brown/purple togther?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users