Boarding pass Invitations with lots of pictures! My 3rd DIY project done!

While I dreaded the process of cutting the tickets, rounding every corner, gluing the ticket holders, it was very rewarding in the end!  I love how they turned out!!!   I'll list the cost of items and where I got them :)

1. white cardstock at Walmart 150 sheets: $5.50

2. apple green cor'dinations cardstock at Joanne's : 20cents to 33cents a piece

3. brads at Michaels: 1.49 a pack of 24, it consists of 8 flamingos, 8 plalm trees, 8 martini drinks per pack . the martini ones didn't work right so I didn't use them.

4. beach envelopes at Office Max: 8.29 per pack of 50. 

5. Fuchsia ribbon left from my making my STDs

6. Monogram stickers made from printing on avery labels (2"x4"), punching them out with 1"circle puncher, bought previously for the STDs

7. holds for the brads were made by my Fiance with his drilling tool. the one thing he could do to help lol. it was also nice that the drill can drill a large amount of cardstocks at a time.

8. Boarding pass templates: I used mainly Jaime's boarding pass template. I will post the link once bdw stops acting up on me.

pictures:

I designed three different backgrounds for the tickets.  I couldn't pick one. My fiance liked them all too so I use them all.  I had 6 tickets in one invitation so I just repeated the backgrounds.

2012-05-12_15-56-12_656.jpg

picture of stack invitation with brad:

2012-05-06_21-50-06_197.jpg

made 60 invitations:  You can see the palm tree brads and you can also see some martini glass brad in the first row, they don't look nice because they stick out at the top.  I used them to mark the ones that are not perfectly cut so that I could toss them out or use them last...lol I'm a OCD perfectionist...

2012-05-10_19-16-59_6.jpg

picture of DIY ticket holder:

2012-05-06_21-20-44_430.jpg

Finished invitation:

2012-04-25_01-31-44_327.jpg

picture of the envelopes:

2012-05-06_21-19-28_920.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI! ty!!!   I made 60 invitations and if I added all the hours that I worked on it them it would add up to about a full weekend. (I spreaded it out over a week)  I made the ticket holders first because i wanted to decorate with glitter glue on the dots between the starfishs and shell.

I will email you the template that I worked off of, just pm me your email addy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2koster View Post

Wow they look great!!!  How long would you say it took you total?  And how many did you have to make?

Would you mind emailing me the template?  I can PM you my email address.

ty!  I was on the fence too but I had to get the palm trees so I got them and they turned out great except for the martini glasses.

Originally Posted by shes2013 View Post

These look amazing, good job on them :) I almost got those pack of brads but I thought they might be too big, they turned out great on your invites though!