Photo

DIYs for June wedding at Le Reve - Playa del Carmen (with Pics!)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 elissae

elissae
  • 631 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Thank you so so much for sharing the details - again - I absolutely LOVE how they came out.  KUDOS to your Hubby for helping!!!  I do not have Adobe Illustrator.  :-(  I will check with some co-workers in my office when I go in tomorrow...(i have been on vacation - just got back yesterday).  Is there anyway to open the template in excel/word or powerpoint?

Originally Posted by mrspfafftobe 

Hi elissae! Thanks so much for your comments! The projects were so fun and really made the wedding details feel completely "ours". Here is a step by step guide to making the flags for the paper straws. Luckily he took pictures of every step!! We bought the straws from Etsy from a seller named HeyYoYo. I just looked and unfortunately they aren't on Etsy anymore but many other shops sells the same/similar straws. The paper was purchased from www.paperpresetnation.com.

Step 1: Arrange type/design on the attached template called ATTACHMENT 1. I think you'll need Adobe Illustrator to be able to open it and make changes. Copy the first line all the way down the page so it fills up an 8.5 x 11" page. See ATTACHMENT 2.

Step 2: Using a paper cutter, trim out rectangular flags using the vertical and horizontal trim marks on the template.

Step 3: Place a strip of double-sided tape along the entire backside of the rectangular flag.

Step 4: Fold the flag in half pressing the ends together. Slide the flag onto the straw and secure it at the desired position with the tape. Press the paper together tightly around the straw.

Step 5: Once the flag is secured, cut out a V in the end using the trim mark as a guide.

Step 6: Repeat many, many times!

As I said my husband did this entire project, but it looked fun and relatively simple! Any questions just let me know :)

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#52 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by elissae 

Thank you so so much for sharing the details - again - I absolutely LOVE how they came out.  KUDOS to your Hubby for helping!!!  I do not have Adobe Illustrator.  :-(  I will check with some co-workers in my office when I go in tomorrow...(i have been on vacation - just got back yesterday).  Is there anyway to open the template in excel/word or powerpoint?

I agree!!!! i do not have adobe but if its possible to convert to a word doc or publisher file that would be awesome

#53 Mpresid

Mpresid
    • 38 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Awesome! I love the paper straws!

#54 Loreal30

Loreal30
      • 234 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Wow! awesome! Can you list the items in the Too Much Sun Too Much Fun package...I don't want to spend a lot of money and it looks like it is full of goodies!

Thanks!!

#55 kindra2013

kindra2013
        • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Love the "fun in the sun kit" where did you get the stuff? Especially the little box?

Thanks!

#56 elissae

elissae
          • 631 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

May I ask what font did you use for your cigar bar sign, Light up the Night?  I absolutely love it!  Thanks!

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#57 mrspfafftobe

mrspfafftobe
          • 58 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by elissae 

May I ask what font did you use for your cigar bar sign, Light up the Night?  I absolutely love it!  Thanks!

The font is called Aphrodite Slim Pro. I don't think it's a standard font on most word processing or design software, but you can get it at sites like www.myfonts.com

#58 mrspfafftobe

mrspfafftobe
            • 58 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Loreal30 

Wow! awesome! Can you list the items in the Too Much Sun Too Much Fun package...I don't want to spend a lot of money and it looks like it is full of goodies!

Thanks!!

Here are the contents of the too much fun kits along with where we bought the items:

E-A-R Classic Earplugs, Pillow Paks, Uncorded, Foam, Yellow, 30 Pairs/Box - iBuyOfficeSupply.com
              Gojo PURELL Sanitizing Hand Wipes - iBuyOfficeSupply.com
              Johnson&Johnson Mini First Aid Kit - iBuyOfficeSupply.com
              Johnson&Johnson Motrin IB Pain Reliever - iBuyOfficeSupply.com
              Pepto-Bismol Pepto Bismol Tablets - iBuyOfficeSupply.com
              PhysiciansCare Antacid    iBuyOfficeSupply.com
              PhysiciansCare Non-Aspirin (Acetaminophen) - iBuyOfficeSupply.com
              Single-Dose A-D Caplets, 36 Doses/Box    iBuyOfficeSupply.com
              3-3/4 X 1-1/8 X 5-1/4 WHITE FROSTED PILLOW BOX - PAPERMART.COM
              Shout Wipe & Go, Portable Stain Treater Towelettes - 12 ea  - drugstore.com
              SPF Lip Balm Chap Relief, 2-ct. Packs - dollartree.com
              Idividually Wrapped Flossers - CVS

#59 KK2013

KK2013
              • 244 posts
              • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
              • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

This thread is awesome!  I want to do everything on it ;)

#60 andiegarcia

andiegarcia
              • 19 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 14, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Where did you get the custom rubber stamp? I love the idea and were interested in purchasing a stamp for ourselves. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users