Transporting Wedding Dress

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:43 AM

Thanks Natasha. OK, that gives me hope to know you were able to fit your dress in that size bag. My alterations lady did ask me to bring a king size white sheet with me when I pick up the dress. I may just wait until the day before we leave & take her a suitcase too - she'll know better how to pack it than I.

#22 ajncooter

ajncooter
    • 983 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

great idea with the sheet!

#23 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
      • 550 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
      • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
      • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

So, the gown counts as the carry on right? That's what American Airlines is telling me. Hello, no way can I get all my stuff and Jay's stuff into one carry on.... What if I used a really big "purse" ~ like a tote bag instead of a bag, will they let me do that?
      Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
      June 23, 2007
      Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
      Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#24 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:48 PM

you get 2 carry ons- like a purse and a big bag.
        i am going to stuff my purse into a big bag and then carry my dress. matt will also have his hanging clothes and another bag
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#25 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
        • 550 posts
        • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:53 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by NHPT
        you get 2 carry ons- like a purse and a big bag.
        i am going to stuff my purse into a big bag and then carry my dress. matt will also have his hanging clothes and another bag

See that's what I'm thinking the gown and then one big bag with my purse in it. Jason can still take his own carry on then too. We're putting his suit in with my gown.
        June 23, 2007

#26 calyx6

calyx6
        • 160 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

It's 1 carry-on and 1 "personal" item. That "personal" item could be a very large purse. I've seen purses larger than my luggage! I flew Air France with my wedding dress rolled up in a rolling duffel then stuffed my real purse and other misc. into a satchel and called that one my purse. I've never seen them be real picky about it at the airline counter or at the gate. You might, however, run into some overzealous TSA people. Once my carry-on got weighed (it was too heavy so I had to shift some items to my checked-in luggage), and once a TSA person had an issue with my brown paper lunch bag. She actually had me stuff my lunch bag into my carry on. (Hello, they don't serve food on domestic flights anymore in coach!).

-V-

PS. Men can have a "personal" bag too so between the two of you, it should be ok.
          Tulum - November 3, 2007

#27 NHPT

NHPT
          • 3,848 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

yeah i think you will be fine- you get 2/person. adding the suit in with the dress is a good idea- thanks! when do you leave? our time is comng soon! thank goodness! i cant wait
            Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#28 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
            • 550 posts
            • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NHPT
            yeah i think you will be fine- you get 2/person. adding the suit in with the dress is a good idea- thanks! when do you leave? our time is comng soon! thank goodness! i cant wait

Thanks girls for putting my mind at ease. I'm starting to freak out.

We leave on Wednesday, June 20th.... When do you leave? We will be there until Wednesday, the 27th... I know we are going to run into somebody from the boards, and be like - Do I know you??
            June 23, 2007

#29 NHPT

NHPT
            • 3,848 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

we leave june 26- i am SO ready!

#30 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

Umm, speaking of adding the suit in with the dress, when I flew down for my wedding my dress carryon not only held my wedding dress but also my TTD dress, Jeff's TWO suits, 5 sundresses and 4 bathing suits! The sundresses & bathing suits were in the bottom of the dress bag in a plastic bag because I was soo out of room in my suitcases. You can get really creative if you have to. It just made the dress bag unbelievably heavy- but just keep that in mind if you find some clothes you just can't fit into your suitcase! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users