Sign in to follow this  
REBECCA

Transporting Wedding Dress

How is everyone (or how did everyone) transport your wedding dress to Cabo? I want to carry it on, obviously, but what garment bags are you able to carry on??

I just carried it on using the huge bag from the store. It is a great conversation piece (it helped us get upgraded) and everyone is really nice to you! They hung my dress and my hubby's suit in the front closet and both were perfect and didn't need to be pressed when we got to Cabo.

I also just plan on using the bag from the bridal store - in hopes of getting some upgrades or some perks.

i bought a garment bag from the bridal store. it was only $12 & pink so we got plenty of attention. my FI (now husband) carried it for me through the airport. most people (except the continental flight attendants) were nice about it and interested!

I took mine back to the bridal store with a rollie bag and they packed it up for me. We have a lot of stuff to carry and I didn't want to lug it around. They said that the way they packed it, it will be fine and I won't have to iron it - just hang it.

Oh, thanks for the reponse ladies! I think I will just carry it on in the garment bag from the bridal store.

I just packed up all my "crap" (aka OOT bag and BM gifts, etc). It took one BIG suitcase that probably weighs 50 lbs at least.

Tomorrow I have my hair and make-up trial. I'm soo excited!!!

I'm leaving Wednesday...yikes!!!

smile159.gif

Rebecca, others might know the answer to this better than me, but isn't there a 50lb weight limit for checked baggage? I just want to make sure your bag of OOT and gift stuff isn't too heavy. Maybe you can pay extra, probably depends on which airline you are on...

I beleive that there is a weight limitation and you just have to pay extra if it goes over, which we are prepared to do. We estimated that it is around 50 lbs, so it should clear. It's my suitcase of clothes that I'm worried about! That one seems heavier! I think international flights might allow a heavier bag?? I'm going to call.

I have no idea HOW we are going to carry all of this stuff? I have never traveled with this much crap :) We have 3 checked bags, two carry-ons and my dress!!!

My FI is a crab when it comes to traveling...should be an interesting day.

girl_werewolf.gif

Can you give some items to someone else to carry with them when travelling down there? That's what I plan on doing! There are some friends that are coming down early and making a vacation out of it, so I will give them a few of the smaller items to carry for me.