Transporting Wedding Dress

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 REBECCA

REBECCA
  • VIP Member
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:52 PM

How is everyone (or how did everyone) transport your wedding dress to Cabo? I want to carry it on, obviously, but what garment bags are you able to carry on??
    Rebecca
    <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
    Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#2 RSL2010

RSL2010
    • 45 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:36 PM

I just carried it on using the huge bag from the store. It is a great conversation piece (it helped us get upgraded) and everyone is really nice to you! They hung my dress and my hubby's suit in the front closet and both were perfect and didn't need to be pressed when we got to Cabo.
      Raina & Henri
      October 28, 2006
      Pueblo Bonito Pacifica

#3 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
      • 550 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
      • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
      • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:48 PM

I also just plan on using the bag from the bridal store - in hopes of getting some upgrades or some perks.
      Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
      June 23, 2007
      Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
      Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

i used the dress that the store gave me...it will get you some VIP perks...people let me board first, etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
      • 402 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

i bought a garment bag from the bridal store. it was only $12 & pink so we got plenty of attention. my FI (now husband) carried it for me through the airport. most people (except the continental flight attendants) were nice about it and interested!
        MariaElena - 10/28/06
        Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#6 NATASHA

NATASHA
        • 646 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:04 PM

I took mine back to the bridal store with a rollie bag and they packed it up for me. We have a lot of stuff to carry and I didn't want to lug it around. They said that the way they packed it, it will be fine and I won't have to iron it - just hang it.
          Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#7 REBECCA

REBECCA
          • VIP Member
          • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:37 PM

Oh, thanks for the reponse ladies! I think I will just carry it on in the garment bag from the bridal store.

I just packed up all my "crap" (aka OOT bag and BM gifts, etc). It took one BIG suitcase that probably weighs 50 lbs at least.

Tomorrow I have my hair and make-up trial. I'm soo excited!!!

I'm leaving Wednesday...yikes!!!

Rebecca
            <center>

#8 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:08 AM

Rebecca, others might know the answer to this better than me, but isn't there a 50lb weight limit for checked baggage? I just want to make sure your bag of OOT and gift stuff isn't too heavy. Maybe you can pay extra, probably depends on which airline you are on...

#9 REBECCA

REBECCA
              • VIP Member
              • 1,825 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:36 PM

I beleive that there is a weight limitation and you just have to pay extra if it goes over, which we are prepared to do. We estimated that it is around 50 lbs, so it should clear. It's my suitcase of clothes that I'm worried about! That one seems heavier! I think international flights might allow a heavier bag?? I'm going to call.

I have no idea HOW we are going to carry all of this stuff? I have never traveled with this much crap :) We have 3 checked bags, two carry-ons and my dress!!!

My FI is a crab when it comes to traveling...should be an interesting day.

Rebecca
                <center>

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:51 PM

Can you give some items to someone else to carry with them when travelling down there? That's what I plan on doing! There are some friends that are coming down early and making a vacation out of it, so I will give them a few of the smaller items to carry for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users