Photo

Ocean Blue and Sand Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris McComas

Chris McComas
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hello! My fiance and I (I'm probably the only male on this site, haha) are very close to booking our destination wedding at the Ocean Blue and Sand resort in the Dominican.  Jessi, (my fiance), is nervous about a few things and I was hoping you all could help us. 

First, we are concerned we won't like the wedding reception meal.  We're very boring eaters (steak and potatoes. haha) and everything listed in the packages sound way to exotic for us.  Is there any way we could get a steak and potato option for the bland eaters like ourselves??

Next, Jessi is worried about her flowers.  Being in a different country with limited communication with our wedding planner - she's afraid she'll just get a generic flower arrangement. 

Finally, her hair.  She doesn't know if the stylists at the resort will be good. Has anyone had a good/bad experience with this?

Also -- in general, what's everyone's wedding experience been like working with Yinette and the Ocean Blue and Sand wedding staff?  I look forward to hearing back from you all! 

Thanks!! -Chris

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

hi chris,  welcome to bdw!  you are in the minority here but we do have a few grooms on...maybe you guys can start a BDW grooms group ;)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Chris McComas

Chris McComas
    • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Haha! That's not a bad idea!  My fiance will probably have a million more questions than I do as we begin the planning process, I just wanted to get an insight on what people think before we book there. 

Thanks!

#4 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
      • 189 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hi Chris-

I got married there a few months ago and had a WONDERFUL experience at Ocean Blue & Sand. We actually had the steak & potatoes meal and it was phenomenal...several people told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. (We did a private reception at La Brasa.)

Ocean Blue has a package of optional flowers that should give your FI a better idea of what's available. In all seriousness, though, the setting is so beautiful that flowers are just a tiny part of it. (This coming from a florists's daughter!)

I didn't use the salon for hair services, but I've heard good things about them.

When communicating with Yinette or Ada, patience is the name of the game. They are the only 2 wedding coordinators and the resort usually has 2-3 weddings per day, so you'll frequently need to wait 24-48 hours to get a response...that's where these board come in handy! However, Yinette is great and everything came together beautifully.

Also, there is a pretty active board of Ocean Blue brides at

Hello! My fiance and I (I'm probably the only male on this site, haha) are very close to booking our destination wedding at the Ocean Blue and Sand resort in the Dominican.  Jessi, (my fiance), is nervous about a few things and I was hoping you all could help us. 

First, we are concerned we won't like the wedding reception meal.  We're very boring eaters (steak and potatoes. haha) and everything listed in the packages sound way to exotic for us.  Is there any way we could get a steak and potato option for the bland eaters like ourselves??

Next, Jessi is worried about her flowers.  Being in a different country with limited communication with our wedding planner - she's afraid she'll just get a generic flower arrangement. 

Finally, her hair.  She doesn't know if the stylists at the resort will be good. Has anyone had a good/bad experience with this?

Also -- in general, what's everyone's wedding experience been like working with Yinette and the Ocean Blue and Sand wedding staff?  I look forward to hearing back from you all! 

Thanks!! -Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users