Photo

Satin in the Caribbean? Will I roast?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anxious

Anxious
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

I currently own a Maggie Sottero Bianca.  The dress is absolutely gorgeous.  It is the softest satin I have ever felt.  I bought this dress when I was getting married in Canada in the Fall!!!  Now, we've changed our minds and are getting married in Jamaica in May.  I have put a deposit on another dress which is lace, an Alfred Angelo 850 from the Saphire collection,  only because I am so afraid of overheating and would rather be comfortable on my wedding day.  What material was your dress for your marriage under the sun and how did your body temperature take to it? 

#2 maridr2012

maridr2012
    • 251 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

I haven't had my wedding yet, but I was concerned about the fabric for the same reason as you. I decided on silk taffeta. It's so lightweight and a breathable fabric yet still luxurious!

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

My dress was a taffeta.  I specifically told the lady when I was at the store trying on dresses that I didnt want satin.  From some friends who had destination weddings, one who wore satin, she said it really was hot, but she thinks it would have been hot no matter what she was wearing.  My dress was really light, I was hot, but not too hot that it was uncomfortable.  It was such an amazing day that that was the last of my worries to be honest.

#4 JSLM

JSLM
      • 170 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Anxious 

I currently own a Maggie Sottero Bianca.  The dress is absolutely gorgeous.  It is the softest satin I have ever felt.  I bought this dress when I was getting married in Canada in the Fall!!!  Now, we've changed our minds and are getting married in Jamaica in May.  I have put a deposit on another dress which is lace, an Alfred Angelo 850 from the Saphire collection,  only because I am so afraid of overheating and would rather be comfortable on my wedding day.  What material was your dress for your marriage under the sun and how did your body temperature take to it? 

I also purchased a maggie dress and its satin..I'm getting married in July and that's one of my concerns. I'm still going to wear it cause its just a few hours and plus i love the dress.

#5 iLuvPinkNPurple

iLuvPinkNPurple
        • Banned
        • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

My gown is ivory colored and it's satin. I expect that it could be super hot come my wedding (as with any DW I believe) so I chose a strapless gown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users