Sarah we want to see your pictures from Juan

TammyB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about bombs falling down on my " &·"$*¿? " I had no idea why natalie was so mad but now after reading this I understand.

The truth of it is that I was running low hard drive space and I put natalies photos on a sever (something that I never do) and I had told my assistnat that I put the photos there and I rememebr he said "yes, no problem" and so I thought too that he would go in order of the weddings but when I started on other weddings I had remembered that i had put 2 weddings on the servers and that I had not seen them done so i asked him and he put a big surpprised look on he's face and said "sorry I completely forgot about them" at that moment I told him, drop everything and get that one done but by then it was a little too late because I was really behind but while this was going on I had other weddings waiting for me so while he was doing that one I was doing others and (Nicoles wedding) I was about to finish when I saw this problem and so I decided to finish it, and by this time he had not finished natalie's photos and I had Sarah's & james photos almost ready because it was a smaller wedding and so I also went ahead and finished that one.

I always go in order of when weddings happen and I thought I had it under control but I guess not, I already made the neccesary measures so that it does not happen again.

Sorry girls I would also hate it if they did someone elses photos first and I understand how natalie felt.

Juan Carlos

With all due respect Juan, If I were in Natalie's shoes I would have been really upset far before this thread started. IMO, if a wedding is accidently skipped everything should be stopped and that wedding should be worked on until it's finished then pick up where you left off on the others.

I'm glad to hear that you found a way to prevent this in the future, your work is amazing, you know how much we all love it here.. You were fun to work with and I would hate to hear more brides having similar issues.

Thanks for addressing this issue..

Juan we all appreciate your comments on this situation, but I have to agree with Tammy here and I have to say the biggest problem here is that all the girls have been given a date from you time and time again and still no photos.

Natalie and Lance are incredibly sweet and understanding for not pursing this further. I find it very unprofessional of you to not double check that these weddings were being done in order and that it has taken three months to get photos done that were promised by contract in one month.

I do hope that if anything a lesson has been learned by you and future brides. I hope that you will not take on more than you can handle, and that future brides will be catious of booking you if you are already very booked for that month.

As for the reasons behind this happening, I have to tell you that I find it very unfortunate that as a business man that you would not take the credit/blame for this and the many other problems in getting photos to people.

You know that we all talk and share a lot on this forum and many girls check your site all the time, so in the future I hope that this can be avoided, because I and many other girls truly enjoy your photos and appreciate your amazing ability to make every wedding unique and beautiful. You are an amazing photographer and hopefully will become an even better business man due to this.

I cmpletely understand that it is my fault that I did not look into this before so that it did not happen like it did but please understand that I also had a few things that I never thought would cross my path, one of those was the hurricane that left my office without electricity for a few days, the other was that my assistant got sick for a few days and that the computer that I ws using broke down for a few days and that my brand new Mac computer that I had bought specifically for the fixing of the photos was not doing the job as fast as thought it was going to be doing it. The person who sold me my fastest computer was wrong when he told me that I did not need more power than what I had put into to it, I had put my faith on that guy thinking that since he sold Mac computers he should know what he was talking about, wrong!! I had to add another 4 gigabytes and add another super graphics card that I would have bought the moment I bought it but everyone told me that I was over doing it with so much power already. And many other small details that I did not take into consideration but that I now do. I just bought another roccket fast computer that will probably be the fastest computer on this side of the world, hoping to help me with my problem and I am about to hire a second assistant for the photos.

I am trying to fix my delivery problems but it is not easy because of the fact that I am already behind.

Hope all of you girls understand that I am doing everything that I can to solve the problem.

Thanks

Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Juan we all appreciate your comments on this situation, but I have to agree with Tammy here and I have to say the biggest problem here is that all the girls have been given a date from you time and time again and still no photos.

Natalie and Lance are incredibly sweet and understanding for not pursing this further. I find it very unprofessional of you to not double check that these weddings were being done in order and that it has taken three months to get photos done that were promised by contract in one month.

I do hope that if anything a lesson has been learned by you and future brides. I hope that you will not take on more than you can handle, and that future brides will be catious of booking you if you are already very booked for that month.

As for the reasons behind this happening, I have to tell you that I find it very unfortunate that as a business man that you would not take the credit/blame for this and the many other problems in getting photos to people.

You know that we all talk and share a lot on this forum and many girls check your site all the time, so in the future I hope that this can be avoided, because I and many other girls truly enjoy your photos and appreciate your amazing ability to make every wedding unique and beautiful. You are an amazing photographer and hopefully will become an even better business man due to this.

Natalie & Lance have been very very very patient and I know that and I do understand that it was "my" fault that the photos where not ready, there cannot be anybody else to blame. I did learn my lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
With all due respect Juan, If I were in Natalie's shoes I would have been really upset far before this thread started. IMO, if a wedding is accidently skipped everything should be stopped and that wedding should be worked on until it's finished then pick up where you left off on the others.

I'm glad to hear that you found a way to prevent this in the future, your work is amazing, you know how much we all love it here.. You were fun to work with and I would hate to hear more brides having similar issues.

Thanks for addressing this issue..

Not sure why you wrote: " everything should be stopped " because my assistant did drop everything like I mentioned until he finished he's part on Natalie's photos. The type of photos my camera takes requires 2 steps the first is to make it into a JPG and that part he does because that is what he does and I cannot do anything of what he is doing because I cannot split the wedding into 2 parts at least not in the raw format that he does because of the fact that the computer that he has is specially designed to do that part, so while he was doing that first part I was doing the last part of Nicole's wedding (touchups) and so he does one part I do the delicate part and so If I dropped what I was doing I would have stayed with nothing to do until he finished he's part so I went ahead and finished what was almost done of Nicole's wedding. I hope I made myself understandable on how the process works and I hope that everyone understands that I did do everything that I could in that precise moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL View Post
so when will mine be done - i emailed juan 3 days ago and have not heard back...
I will start to work on your photos tomorow but I will not finish because I have a wedding. I really wish I could cancel the wedding to finish your photos but that would be impposible. Your husband has been emailing me about it and he also knows that your photos are next.