Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Renewing32

August 2013

Recommended Posts

Hi jennifer8913,

Thank you soooooo much for this article! I was really concerned about really hot weather (older guests coming) and definitely hurricanes. It really has calmed my nerves after reading this article :) I'm going to check out more DR locations.

Thank you so much! :)

 

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 View Post

 

hi NEandLovingIt! What weather concerns are you having? Like hurricane? We decided to have our wedding early in the month to try to avoid any storms, but I did find this article, it might help you! http://puntacanabavaro.com/travel/dont-be-afraid-of-hurricane-season.html

We chose Now Larimar in Punta Cana for our wedding, and I have been to Riviera Maya, to Dreams Tulum. I think you will be extremely happy with either location!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

I am an August 2013 bride (Moon Palace) and was wondering what everyone is doing for the wedding at this point. I have a to-do list but I feel like im forgetting something that should be on the list. What items/tasks are on your to-do list??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe we are all at the 5 month point!!!! Wow! Right now I am working on centerpieces and OOT Bags. I am printing pretty much all of my paper items, such as programs, welcome letters, placecards, etc, so I am working on templates for all of that. And pushing my guests to get their passports!!! I still have guests that haven't booked yet ughhhh!! What about all of you ladies? And how is your planning going in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jennifer8913 View Post

 

I can't believe we are all at the 5 month point!!!! Wow! Right now I am working on centerpieces and OOT Bags. I am printing pretty much all of my paper items, such as programs, welcome letters, placecards, etc, so I am working on templates for all of that. And pushing my guests to get their passports!!! I still have guests that haven't booked yet ughhhh!! What about all of you ladies? And how is your planning going in general?

Yes! Time is flying by! I still have guests that haven't booked yet AND still need passports. I'm not worried though, I will be enjoying Cancun regardless! I am also working on my programs and deciding how I want to do my OOT bags. I am also preparing for a move in June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jennifer8913 View Post

 

I can't believe we are all at the 5 month point!!!! Wow! Right now I am working on centerpieces and OOT Bags. I am printing pretty much all of my paper items, such as programs, welcome letters, placecards, etc, so I am working on templates for all of that. And pushing my guests to get their passports!!! I still have guests that haven't booked yet ughhhh!! What about all of you ladies? And how is your planning going in general?

Still got people who aren't booked but like Renewing32 I don't really worry about it anymore.   Only thing I am finding tough with this is that I can't get a proper headcount which is making planning a little difficult.  I bought and received my napkins and chair sashes, I got bubble wands and added ribbon bows to that, my ring holder is done (painted a small treasure box), dress is bought, I'm in the process of making napkin ring holder (with beads), making my cake topper, my pre-travel brochure is done and printed, as well as my welcome brochure.  I think I'm going to get maracas painted as favors so skipping the OOT bags.  And having a baby in about 8 weeks!  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My FI and I are getting married August 24, 2013 in Punta Cana. Trying to finalize our invitations now. This whole DIY thing is more complicated than I thought. The printer is not printing out the invites in the same shade that my computer is showing. But for the most part things are going very well. Dress bought, bridesmaids dresses picked, groom/groomsmen attire picked, venue for both wedding and AHR booked, STD's were sent out in September, most people attending the wedding have placed a deposit. One thing I am still deciding on is what to do for wedding favors both at the wedding and the AHR. I can't believe that we are less than 6 months away!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Renewing32 View Post

 

Yes! Time is flying by! I still have guests that haven't booked yet AND still need passports. I'm not worried though, I will be enjoying Cancun regardless! I am also working on my programs and deciding how I want to do my OOT bags. I am also preparing for a move in June. 

 

Originally Posted by Katryne View Post

 

Still got people who aren't booked but like Renewing32 I don't really worry about it anymore.   Only thing I am finding tough with this is that I can't get a proper headcount which is making planning a little difficult.  I bought and received my napkins and chair sashes, I got bubble wands and added ribbon bows to that, my ring holder is done (painted a small treasure box), dress is bought, I'm in the process of making napkin ring holder (with beads), making my cake topper, my pre-travel brochure is done and printed, as well as my welcome brochure.  I think I'm going to get maracas painted as favors so skipping the OOT bags.  And having a baby in about 8 weeks!  LOL.

 

OMG wow u ladies got a lot on your plates as well!!!! I am also in process of throwing a babyshower for my grandson to be, he is due to arrive on April 8!!

Thank you for reminding me about my cake topper! i need to update my to do list!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree DIY is a lot of work, but I find it relaxing and I am saving so much! I wish my printer was able to print heavier cardstock, I would be saving so much more!

I agree with all you ladies about not worrying about my guests booking, but it def will help me in the planning process and ordering things! Groomsmen attire still needs to be finalized, I need my veil, headband, cake topper, i need to order sashes and table overlays. I am doing starfish wine stoppers as favors. My OOT bags are pretty much decided upon, and have almost everything for them. I haven't decided on ring holder, so thats something else to add to my list! I want to do bubble as well, which bubble container did u decide on? OMG, I felt I was almost done, but realized i forgot so much!! Thank you ladies and I am so happy I found this website!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jennifer8913 View Post

 

I agree DIY is a lot of work, but I find it relaxing and I am saving so much! I wish my printer was able to print heavier cardstock, I would be saving so much more!

I agree with all you ladies about not worrying about my guests booking, but it def will help me in the planning process and ordering things! Groomsmen attire still needs to be finalized, I need my veil, headband, cake topper, i need to order sashes and table overlays. I am doing starfish wine stoppers as favors. My OOT bags are pretty much decided upon, and have almost everything for them. I haven't decided on ring holder, so thats something else to add to my list! I want to do bubble as well, which bubble container did u decide on? OMG, I felt I was almost done, but realized i forgot so much!! Thank you ladies and I am so happy I found this website!

LOL I know.. so many little things right.. I got the bubbles from Michaels with a 50% off coupon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×