Photo

Looking for more cozy/authentic Mexico venue - less corporate than MP....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ksmith

ksmith
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm new here but I'm loving the reviews. I was planning a Feb 2013 wedding at Moon Palace. I've been there on vacation before and loved it....but I'm starting to see the photos and realizing it's a lot more corporate/typical American wedding than I want it to be.

We're going to have a very small guest list (maybe 20-25). I was hoping to find a private villa to rent out, but haven't had luck finding something not outrageously expensive. MP is so afforadable, but just doesn't give that warm, intimate wedding vibe I want.

Any suggestions? I'm hoping for a beach ceremony, so I need a place with good water/sand. Also, hoping for just some lights and a long table set up for guests on the beach for reception. Down to earth, intimate.

Thanks!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

I personally don't know, but we have photographers who shoot in that region extensively at a wide variety of venues.  You can check out their work and you might find a place that suits you.  Links are to the right of your screen.  Good luck!

#3 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hello Ksmith,

Riviera Maya has beautiful villas that you can choose from depending on your budget, your length of stay and your wedding date.

I did a wedding for 40 guests last summer in one of the villas and everyone had tons of fun.

I would be happy to assists you in making your wedding beautiful, romantic, personal and fun.

Happy planning

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
        weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
        http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
        Joyce

#4 GauchoSteph

GauchoSteph
        • Huddler
        • 66 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi KSmith,

You might want to take a look at Le Reve : http://www.bestdesti...ng.com/le-reve. They are a BDW supporter and host some very classy and intimate weddings right on the beach. With the size of your guest list, you might be able to book the entire resort exclusively.

Let us know what you find in your search!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users