Sign in to follow this  
Antigua14

Sugar starfish help-

HI ladies. I am looking for sugar starfish to make decorations for the ceremony.  The problem is I don't know what's a good price.  I need 12  8-10" starfish. I looked at some sites as well as ebay. I did find one seller on ebay for $45.99 OBO.  Is that a deal?  What do you think is an acceptable offer if I were to go with this seller?  You guys are the greatest can't wait to hear your input.

Hi,

I think that is really quite expensive. I originally wanted sugar starfish too, but found very similar large pacific ocean starfish at Bamboo and Thatch. I got a dozen 8-10" starfish for about $18. The customer service and delivery were excellent.

http://www.bambooandthatchetc.com/index.php?cPath=664_737

Originally Posted by Antigua14 View Post

HI ladies. I am looking for sugar starfish to make decorations for the ceremony.  The problem is I don't know what's a good price.  I need 12  8-10" starfish. I looked at some sites as well as ebay. I did find one seller on ebay for $45.99 OBO.  Is that a deal?  What do you think is an acceptable offer if I were to go with this seller?  You guys are the greatest can't wait to hear your input.

Originally Posted by redginger View Post

Hi,

I think that is really quite expensive. I originally wanted sugar starfish too, but found very similar large pacific ocean starfish at Bamboo and Thatch. I got a dozen 8-10" starfish for about $18. The customer service and delivery were excellent.

http://www.bambooandthatchetc.com/index.php?cPath=664_737

Red Ginger, thank you for your heads up!  I ordered my starfish! The price was great but shipping to NY was expensive!

Originally Posted by Antigua14 View Post

I ordered the 12 8-10" sugar starfish off Ebay for about $40, free shipping. I believe it was the same seller that you looked at, they just had multiple postings. I thought that was a really good deal until I read this thread!  But it may still be a good deal if the shipping at Bamboo and Thatch ends up being a lot.

I thought I would just post an update. This company is in California and I live NY. With shipping & tax it came a little under $30.  I just thought this might be helpful to someone. I'm still waiting for them but in my case it was cheaper then gong through Ebay. Thank you redginger!