Does anyone know of a good travel agent or travel company? And can they really save you money? I've never used one before but think it might be nice for convenience.

Please do an advanced search for TA or travel agent.

There are several threads on it buried somewhere.

Tammy, the host of the forum, is a TA as well.

I would recommend Tammy (Host) on this forum. However I know she is really busy so I'm not sure if she is accepting new clients right now but IMO I would shoot her a PM and ask her.

the main reason I used one (I used Tammy, the host) is just because I didn't want tons of email and calls asking ME how to book or to find cheaper rates. I book my own travel all year long - I don't want to deal with other people's as well! Also, it allowed for people to pay a bit now, then the rest before the trip.

I am going with a travel agent for the same reason as ANN. Yes, some of my guests could get slightly cheaper prices on Expedia... but our travel agent arranged direct flights, transfers to and from the airport, and makes sure everyone has their passports and all the paperwork needed. Basically she's saving me some headaches! SO worth it!