WARNING TO ANYONE TRAVELING ON JETBLUE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 samsbride

samsbride
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Jetblue. I've read everywhere that airlines will accomodate your wedding dress when traveling......all except JET BLUE. I just got off the phone with them to make arrangements with them for when I board my plane. They told me that the only options were to check the dress in or get this...SHIP IT!!! Well I called again and a lovely person name Jennifer talked me off the ledge but she also confirmed that Jetblue does not have any closets for the dress. She assured me that the the flight attendants will be happy to accomadate me. We'll see. Hopefully they are as nice as Jennifer and not like the first lady I spoke with.

Thanks!

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Thats terrible!  I didnt use Jet Blue, but I was able to put my dress in the overhead bin.  The flight attendants were really helpful with it.  I'm sure you will be able to put it in the overhead bins.

Originally Posted by samsbride 

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Jetblue. I've read everywhere that airlines will accomodate your wedding dress when traveling......all except JET BLUE. I just got off the phone with them to make arrangements with them for when I board my plane. They told me that the only options were to check the dress in or get this...SHIP IT!!! Well I called again and a lovely person name Jennifer talked me off the ledge but she also confirmed that Jetblue does not have any closets for the dress. She assured me that the the flight attendants will be happy to accomadate me. We'll see. Hopefully they are as nice as Jennifer and not like the first lady I spoke with.

Thanks!

#3 shanloveslexi

shanloveslexi
    • 155 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Good to know! Hope everything goes smoothly for you. I am sure the flight attendants will help you! Good Luck!

#4 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
      • 338 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

HI!!i wouldn't worry about it until you board that plane- you'll drive yourself crazy if you do! Usually with flights to "vacation" locations, there is much overhead space as most passengers check their bags. So you should have plenty of room to put your gown safely above you. I'm also sure the crew will be more than happy to help. It's your wedding dress, I doubt they'll disregard your worries and send you to check it- it's your wedding gown! LOL It will work out fine no worries =)

PS- We just went on a site visit to Mexico two weeks ago on Jet Blue- There was TONS of overhead space so it will be OK!!!

#5 DestinationGirl

DestinationGirl
        • 166 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Do yuo girls know if brides and grooms get any type of priority seating?

#6 Cherina

Cherina
          • Banned
          • 636 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for sharing Irie ~Cherina

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#7 samsbride

samsbride
            • 27 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't gotten on in a while. Well first off, it wasn't that much of a nightmare. I did have to put it in the overhead bin. I'm glad that it wasn't a huge dress to begin with. The folks on Jet Blue are really really nice so I definately recommend flying with them. Travel in general is a nightmare lol Hope everyone the best of luck!!!

Laura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users