Catalonia or NOW Larimar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tmels

tmels
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of booking our destination wedding in Dominican Republic. We have a quote for Catalonia Bavaro (and Royal) as well as NOW Larimar. I'd like to get some opinions as I haven't been to the DR yet. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

A few things about our wedding/needs:

1. Guests are between the age of 25-35 years old.

2. Approx 30 guests I think

3. I would assume all coming at the same time/same location

4. Enjoy activities ie. snorkling, horse riding, boating, etc.

5. Like a swim up bar & large pool

6. Need a nice beach for morning walks :)

7. Good communication with our site contacts (with attention to detail)

8. Clean

9. Options for food

10. Fun & entertainment required

What are your thoughts? Our quotes are about the same so it will come down to the extras (other tips)....

#2 LuxuryWedding

LuxuryWedding
    • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Catalonia Royal is good. Just for adults people, small, good food, nice atmosphere. It is quiet. If you want animation - you can go for free to Catalonia Bavaro. Also, you can use all Catalonia Bavaro's restaurants plus in Royal.

They have everything from your list :)

Even free shuttle to the shopping center Plaza San Juan.

Just one thing - photo shoot of on board photographers (if you need that) is too expensive! It is amazing how greedy they are! We invited professional photographer Gregory, paid just 300$ and received over  500 nice pictures.

#3 abbeyRN88

abbeyRN88
      • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Last year we went to the catalonia bavaro resort for vacation and was planning on getting married there next may. Unfortuneately, they are not a resort that specializes in weddings and after weeks of contacting them for prices, activities,and "extras"available specifically for the wedding I ended up choosing the Now Larimar Resort.  I have been in contact twice with the wedding coordinator and I am much more confident in their capability to do exactly what I want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users