How many guest should I have for a private reception

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tara1760

• 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hello girls! As of now I only have 8 guests booked for my wedding. I am expecting maybe a total of 20 at most. I am trying to decide if I need a private reception or not. In one aspect I see it as a party for my guests, but in another aspect what are 20 people going to do sitting in a private room for 4 hours. What I was thinking was having a cocktail hour right after the ceremony then getting everyone together for dinner, but I am just so confused! I would love to hear your input and suggestions girls!

#2 tmemise

• 135 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

You could go for the semi private. We did had 80+ at our wedding so a private was the way to go for us.  The area they give you is really big and for just 20 ppl its going to seem even bigger.

#3 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
      • 217 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

So far only 12 people have made their initial deposit. We are having 25 tops. But we are still having a private reception. A sit down dinner is important to us. I think it will add to the intimacy and exclusivity of the whole event. I want that moment to be completely about us.

#4 tmemise

• 135 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

A lil inside info.....you can pick your own wait staff. So if during your stay there are staff that remember you and treat you good you can request them for your reception. Also they will run get your drinks for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users