Photo

How much are you spending on other events, besides the wedding day itself?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

We're doing the rehearsal dinner, wedding, and a day after party boat for anyone staying in town so they have the option to come with us!

#12 beachbride2014

beachbride2014
    • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'm still in the early stages but I'm planning on a welcome dinner and then a cocktail reception and sit down meal at wedding.  I do want to do a boat trip around Phi Phi Island but I think we will say we are going to go and if people want to join us they can pay. 

#13 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
      • 177 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

We won a wedding photography contest which will save us about $1500... I want to reinvest that money in paying for a group dinner... OR... I really want to pay for everyone to take an excursion out to swim in the Marinarium... especially since our wedding is shark themed!!

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#14 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
        • 338 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Wow congratulations to you on winning a free package!! I wish I had that luck ;)

That's a great idea to use the money you saved to treat your guests, very generous =)

Originally Posted by inloveinkorea 

We won a wedding photography contest which will save us about $1500... I want to reinvest that money in paying for a group dinner... OR... I really want to pay for everyone to take an excursion out to swim in the Marinarium... especially since our wedding is shark themed!!

#15 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
          • 338 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hi Ladies! So we're thinking about other events besides the big day. If most guests re making a vacation out of their trip to Mexico, do you think it's OK to have another event a day or two before the wedding? I think it would be nice to have a welcome cocktail party so everyone can meet & mingle. But, some people I discussed it with think it will take away from the precious time our guests have to enjoy & relax. I don;t think it's asking for much for another  two hours right ? Or instead of a cocktail party, we're thinking maybe do an excursion or trip to the main town. What do you think?

#16 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

We did a welcome cocktail party and it was nothing formal and basically we left it up to our guests if they wanted to come or not.  We understood if they wanted to enjoy their vacation and if not everyone came we wouldn't have minded.  Everyone of our guests did come so it was really nice to just relax and allow our guests to get to know each other for the ones who didn't know each other.  We didn't plan any excursions before we went, but we did an excursion the day before the wedding (probably not the best idea to climb Dunns Falls that day hah!) and we also left it open to whom ever wanted to come.

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

Hi Ladies! So we're thinking about other events besides the big day. If most guests re making a vacation out of their trip to Mexico, do you think it's OK to have another event a day or two before the wedding? I think it would be nice to have a welcome cocktail party so everyone can meet & mingle. But, some people I discussed it with think it will take away from the precious time our guests have to enjoy & relax. I don;t think it's asking for much for another  two hours right ? Or instead of a cocktail party, we're thinking maybe do an excursion or trip to the main town. What do you think?

#17 whatsup

whatsup
            • 110 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

the best thing to do is negotiate as many things into the contract so you have one bulk number to work with and it is easier for budgeting

#18 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
              • 338 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for the help JayKay =) LOL I don't think I'll be doing anything adventurous before the wedding, with my luck I'll hurt myself haha I think a welcome party would be great, and i like how you didn't make it formal that guests felt pressured to come. Thanks =)

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We did a welcome cocktail party and it was nothing formal and basically we left it up to our guests if they wanted to come or not.  We understood if they wanted to enjoy their vacation and if not everyone came we wouldn't have minded.  Everyone of our guests did come so it was really nice to just relax and allow our guests to get to know each other for the ones who didn't know each other.  We didn't plan any excursions before we went, but we did an excursion the day before the wedding (probably not the best idea to climb Dunns Falls that day hah!) and we also left it open to whom ever wanted to come.

#19 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

I hadn't planned on doing anything either before the wedding as I'm pretty clumsy, but I was pressured into going!  Turns out all I got was a cut up knee, but nothing a wedding dress couldn't hide!  Glad I could help!

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

Thanks for the help JayKay =) LOL I don't think I'll be doing anything adventurous before the wedding, with my luck I'll hurt myself haha I think a welcome party would be great, and i like how you didn't make it formal that guests felt pressured to come. Thanks =)

#20 balibride

balibride
                • 153 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

We're having a welcome dinner, and also possibly a local cookery class but not sure yet if budget will stretch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users