Photo

How much are you spending on other events, besides the wedding day itself?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 jello

jello
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Include rehearsal dinner, welcome cocktails, day-after brunch, any excursions or activities you are paying for, etc. 

It seems there was a lot of confusion over at the "How much do you think your destination wedding will cost?" thread about what costs to include or not include, and someone suggested breaking down costs by categories, which I think is a great idea.  Site administrators, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes!  Don't mean to, just seemed like people were confused. 

#2 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
    • 190 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Our resort will setup a rehearsal dinner, no added cost, we aren't taking the group on excursions, and weight do a cocktail reception, less than $300 forsure

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

We didn't have any activities that we paid for.  Our rehersal dinner was free, welcome cocktails were free.  We went on a group excursion with who ever wanted to go, but they paid for themselves.

#4 cindy2013

cindy2013
      • 189 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
      • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We didn't have any activities that we paid for.  Our rehersal dinner was free, welcome cocktails were free.  We went on a group excursion with who ever wanted to go, but they paid for themselves.

That's what we'll do as well - a cruise to a natural lagoon with open bar!  Im hoping the turnout will be good

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

#5 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
      • 261 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

What cruise is this? This sounds like a really great excursion!

Originally Posted by cindy2013 

That's what we'll do as well - a cruise to a natural lagoon with open bar!  Im hoping the turnout will be good

#6 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
        • Site Supporter
        • 206 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 13, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm debating this as well.  I know we will do a private reception, but have no idea how much that will cost yet.  Depends on the number of guests attending.  I was thinking of doing a little sunset cruise, but it's $75 a person.  That might be a who wants to join us kinda thing and they pay for themselves.  I figure any other dinner/brunch will be at the included restaurants.

#7 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
        • 338 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Hi ladies! I think it all depends on what your budget allows you to do. We were originally thinking of having a couple of events, welcome party, bonfire, bbq, and the wedding festivities. But when we really thought of it, we realized we don't want to make our guests' entire stay only wedding-related. I think it's fair to have one event [welcome cocktail perhaps] and the day of wedding party. That way, those only staying a few days can get to have their own time to do whatever they want and how/when they want to do it! I also like the idea of saving the money from all those additional events and putting it towards things on the day of the wedding, i.e. longer hours for party, better food options, fireworks, etc. I think you can make a DW as big or as small as you want it to be, regardless of budget. As long as it's the wedding of your dreams, it all works out =)

#8 cindy2013

cindy2013
          • 189 posts
          • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
          • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

It's a boat called La Barcaza, they do wedding events but they also do little day cruises...we went on one in March as an excursion for a friends wedding, and cruised around for a couple hours along the coast of Punta Cana, stopped at the natural lagoon for a swim, and cruised back...all with open bar and music playing, dancing..it was a great time!

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

#9 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
          • 261 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

That sounds amazing! I just bookmarked their site. Thanks so much! :)

Originally Posted by cindy2013 

It's a boat called La Barcaza, they do wedding events but they also do little day cruises...we went on one in March as an excursion for a friends wedding, and cruised around for a couple hours along the coast of Punta Cana, stopped at the natural lagoon for a swim, and cruised back...all with open bar and music playing, dancing..it was a great time!

#10 tajweddings

tajweddings
            • Banned
            • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

We can check out best wedding websites for a budget wedding on the basis on Indian traditional style Wedding

at

www.tajweddingservices.co.uk

www.desitenthire.co.uk

check the photo's and services

& choose the best

Good Luck (Y)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users