Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kisha311

Wyndham Nassau & Crystal Palace Casino

Recommended Posts

Anyone been married there, getting married there, or considering it? I'm planning my wedding for June 22, 2013 and I am overwhelmed! Looking forward to it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Kisha!.. Congrats on your upcoming Bahama wedding!!.. 

 

Unfortunetly it doesn't seem like many people on this forum are getting married in the Bahamas.. :o(

 

My Fiance and I were planning to get married at the Cloisters and One and Only and stay at Atlantis for our May 2013 wedding, but now we are thinking of alternate resorts just in case.. I just heard of Crystal Palaace the other day via a co-worker. I'll have to check their website out!

 

Have you already booked the resort?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miss Bubbles, you are correct I believe I am in the minority. Yes, I actually signed the contract yesterday. The wedding team there has been excellent from the day I requested information. I've had 4 conference calls with the coordinator already to answer all questions, and discuss any concerns. I considered the Atlantis but the cost for the reception was just too much for us since we will be having a large group of people, over 100 guests. The room rate offered is great and all of the amenities and included services are great. I just want a pretty beach back drop, good food, and a good time. The Wyndham is offering all of the above! They really go out of their way to work with you regardless if you've signed a contract with them or not. I can't stop gushing over my experience thus far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww.. Well that is awesome!! Congrats!!..

 

Wow.. Over 100 guests. I couldn't imagine!.. I agree about Atlantis reception prices, they are a bit steep esp for 100!.. We are looking into doing our reception at Luciano's.. I've seen many past brides had their reception there and none of them had a negative comment. It's an Italian restaurant and seems to have great prices.

 

May I ask what kind of room rate you recieved and the amenities they offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the room rate varies by time of year, but they gave me $119 vs $229 at the Atlantis. As far as amenities, automatic upgrade for us from the day we check in, not just wedding night. The menu options and choices are very flexible and they are willing to make substitutions at no additional cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by kisha311 View Post

Well the room rate varies by time of year, but they gave me $119 vs $229 at the Atlantis. As far as amenities, automatic upgrade for us from the day we check in, not just wedding night. The menu options and choices are very flexible and they are willing to make substitutions at no additional cost.

 

 Ahh okay.. That is a great deal!.. I'm gonna check this one out and see what the FI thinks :o)

Hopefully some other past or future brides will pop up and share the experiences / planning with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your wedding...I've been to Wyndham a few times but only to a wedding in Sheraton. It seems we get a few ladies who are having Bahamas weddings but even fewer come back to leave a review. What else do you have to plan, maybe I can help by getting answers to your questions.

Originally Posted by kisha311 View Post

Anyone been married there, getting married there, or considering it? I'm planning my wedding for June 22, 2013 and I am overwhelmed! Looking forward to it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by dominiqueamber View Post

 

Congrats on your wedding...I've been to Wyndham a few times but only to a wedding in Sheraton. It seems we get a few ladies who are having Bahamas weddings but even fewer come back to leave a review. What else do you have to plan, maybe I can help by getting answers to your questions.

Dominique,

 

Thanks so much for offering to help. I read your blog and was so amazed at everything that went into the planning and the tremendous amount of DIY! All of my stress now is coming from determining how much the hotel will charge me to put sashes on the chairs for the ceremony as well as table runners for the reception. I know it's cheaper for me to bring my own supplies, but they don't make it easy for you to DIY a lot of stuff. For instance, the cost to rent speakers for the reception cost the same per hour as paying for one of their DJ's. I have no choice except to use their DJ in this case, but I really didn't want to. So, if you know of anyone willing to do my set-up leg work that would be cheaper than the hotel, I would be willing to pay! I am also waiting to receive some quotes from the florists that the hotel contracts with. I think I will have artificial flowers and bring my own, but once again, it gets expensive to get someone to set-up the tables. Do you see where I'm coming from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks..there's still so much to do! Thats the issues I'm running into they don't exactly make it easy for you to save money...pm me your wedding date and time, how many chairs/tables and I'll get a quote for you...are you working with a wedding planner or just the wyndham planner? what's their dj run? I know two guys who dj on the island with equipment, it may be cheaper.

Originally Posted by kisha311 View Post

Dominique,

 

Thanks so much for offering to help. I read your blog and was so amazed at everything that went into the planning and the tremendous amount of DIY! All of my stress now is coming from determining how much the hotel will charge me to put sashes on the chairs for the ceremony as well as table runners for the reception. I know it's cheaper for me to bring my own supplies, but they don't make it easy for you to DIY a lot of stuff. For instance, the cost to rent speakers for the reception cost the same per hour as paying for one of their DJ's. I have no choice except to use their DJ in this case, but I really didn't want to. So, if you know of anyone willing to do my set-up leg work that would be cheaper than the hotel, I would be willing to pay! I am also waiting to receive some quotes from the florists that the hotel contracts with. I think I will have artificial flowers and bring my own, but once again, it gets expensive to get someone to set-up the tables. Do you see where I'm coming from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we have cancelled our wedding at this location. At this time, we are looking for a new resort and location. After doing some additional research and reading some very unfavorable reviews about the property, we decided to cancel. I am hoping to book another location and get my same date soon. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have also reached out to a travel agent, so maybe this time things will be better. This sucks crybaby2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×