Photo

How far in advance to start booking DW

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

We did at the 9 month mark and I still feel that was a bit too early. Some people are saying the longer you wait the cheaper the flights get I sappose that I didn't want to take the risk of the resort being booked tho. I guess the good thing is that I booked with all people I really really want to be there and then I any other amity o friends want to wait and book closer to the ate they can still do so just not be able to fly with us as a group.

#22 Kay6356

Kay6356
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
    • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mbride 

Glad to see i'm not the only one facing this issue. I'm also planning for April 2013 in cuba. I'd really like to try for the Oceans Varadero but it doesn't even open until end of summer/early fall. Although they are booking for next april already they don't have anyone on staff to take wedding bookings yet. Since it'll be a small ceremony of about 10 people my fiance and I are considering waiting it out. Good to know prices will drop a little more in June. Then maybe another resort will sway our decision. How long before the wedding does the actual planning begin? I understand you want to book the date to make sure you get the date you want. But back and forth with the wedding planner? 6 months before the date? 3 month??

If your wedding guest list is only 10 people I would wait it out and book very last minute by yourselves online with sunwing or something.  Thats how I book our yearly trips, like 2 weeks before departure! just an idea especially for Cuba you would have no problems finding a last minute deal for 10 people :)

#23 Olivia Waugh

Olivia Waugh
    • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

My Fi and I actually had our wedding date reserved at two resorts until we could decide.  But our specific wedding date was very important to us.  Good luck!

#24 Olivia Waugh

Olivia Waugh
      • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

My Fi and I actually had our wedding date reserved at two resorts until we could decide.  But our specific wedding date was very important to us.  Good luck!

#25 uhura526

uhura526
        • 330 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

we reserved our wedding venue in July for our April 2013 wedding.  It sort of helps that Grand Cayman isn't a resort island (they only have one which we aren't staying at or getting married at) and has less wedding activity going on there, I think.

#26 mrswilson2012

mrswilson2012
          • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

We reserved ours in July 2011 for a December 2012 wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users