Photo

What are you doing with your Rings?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 breeburns

breeburns
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I arrive at my resort 5 nights before the wedding and don't know what to do with my e-ring, wedding band and fianc©s wedding band.

My e-ring is platinum and marks easily, i end it out recently to get buffed/polished and cleaned and its so pretty, the diamond is so much more clean then it comes with an at home jewelry cleaner, it looks like super sparkly ice! I don't want to ruin that gorgeous shine by swimming with it or what not. I'm a little unsure about leaving all that bling in a safe at the hotel (5 star resort). My sister and a few guests aren't arriving until two nights before the wedding, I could ask them to bring it, but then there is the chance of forgetting them and me having a melt down that we don't have our rings at our wedding.

What are you doing with your sparkly rings? any advice?

#2 sbg75

sbg75
    • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

bump - coz I'd be interested too!

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

We brought our rings on our carry on.  Once we got to the resort we put them in the safe.  I always felt that the things in there (our passport, extra money ect) was always safe.  In order to get into it you needed the room card and a pin number, which was one we selected ourselves and no one else knew.  I would not trust anyone else bringing them, because like you said, what if they forgot them or lost them.

#4 lkterry

lkterry
      • 157 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Oh, no.  I hadn't thought about this yet.  I'd be devastated if they "disappeared" from the room safe.  Maybe you could wear them on a necklace until the big day.

#5 Jjulian

Jjulian
        • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Maybe you could see what the hotel's policy is on their room safes. I am sure they will be safe inside, but if they were to "disappear" I'm sure the hotel would be bound to reimburse you.

#6 monicak

monicak
          • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

I picked up my bridal set right before taking off for our wedding in Punta Cana and didn't wear them until the wedding.  I kept them in the safe, along with his ring and a watch I got him.  I was never worried about anything in the safe.  Just triple - check that it's locked when you leave your room.  Do this, kept the rings sparkly and shiny for the photos!

#7 cindy2013

cindy2013
            • 189 posts
            • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
            • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by monicak 

I picked up my bridal set right before taking off for our wedding in Punta Cana and didn't wear them until the wedding.  I kept them in the safe, along with his ring and a watch I got him.  I was never worried about anything in the safe.  Just triple - check that it's locked when you leave your room.  Do this, kept the rings sparkly and shiny for the photos!

Thanks for the advice!  Will probably do this but I will have to wear my e-ring throughout the week

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

#8 sbg75

sbg75
            • 151 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Having my e-ring re-dipped at the moment as it's white gold and was looking a bit dull. Feel naked without it, but I guess if I can live this long without it I can wait another couple of weeks until the wedding to wear it again. 

#9 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
              • 52 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

I would think leaving them in the hotel safe would be fine, I haven't had problems with putting things in the safe before

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users