• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:38 PM

OK girls, just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any suggestions...

I'm looking for a really specific type of clip art, or background, or icon- I guess I don't know for sure what to call it. I want to use something like this on a particular page of my wedding photobook and I just can't find the right thing.

I'm looking for something kinda floral or abstract, that cascades- I've seen it in invitations, advertisements, catalogs, etc. Whiteaisle has a ton of these types of backgrounds and graphics...

I'd love to find a source for this type of clip art- I'd gladly pay for it, but I just can't FIND it! I'm obviously not as good of a googler as I though so I was hoping maybe one of you might have a good graphics source...

Here are a couple examples that I've "borrowed" from various places, but neither of these are exactly the right thing, although the first two are the closest.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

Sarah, I'm looking for one too for my invites.. I'll post if I come accross anything.

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:19 PM

I have a print shop program that I use for a lot of things but I wonder if you could create something like this?
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:21 PM

I've kinda wondered if I'll have to resort to that. I have no idea how to do it, but I imagine I could figure it out? I'd rather just buy it though! I feel lazy.

#5 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:24 PM

I have the print shop 21 I think they are up to something crazy like 25, but they also have scrapbooking programs (I am surprised Lumapix doesn't have the background in thier scrapbooking stuff).
        The scrapbooking programs might have backgrounds like that.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:26 PM

Lumapix has some scrapbooking stuff, but not much, and nothing that would work in this case. I know- bummer- they need to get with the program!

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:32 PM

have you looked at any of these sites, I just looked quick. the last one you have to pay for and it seemed to have a lot of variety.

Floral Scroll Backgrounds

Floral Backgrounds Clipart Collection

ULTIMATE ORNAMENTS - MEGA PACK 12,800 ORNAMENT DESIGNS

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:32 PM

http://weddings.shan....ates/paper.pdf

Sarah, this is a link with instruction on how to design your own paper. It requires photoshop (which I don't have )

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:37 PM

You girls rock!

Jill, that last one is exactly what I need- but it's $274! If I thought I'd use it for more stuff I'd think about buying it. Hmmm....so what did you search for?

Amy- I'll have to play around with it to see if i can do it in Photoshop Elements, that's all I have right now.

Thanks so much girls~! I'll have to play around with this some more tonight- DH is on his way home, and I've gotta go make dinner :)

#10 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:42 PM

here is what I can find so far....

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users