After much searching, reviewing, thinking about DIY-ing, I have had a revelation! One of my cousins is a fantastically creative & eclectic artist, I'm going to ask her to design my invites! I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. She designed the invites for my grandmothers 80th bday & they were so awesome that I kept the invite & all the little enclosures. So, I'll post when she gives me some sketches!

Christa - that is a great idea! It's nice to have soething special - not generic (see my examples above for definitions of "generic" embarrest.gif). I can't wait to see what she comes up with...

If everyone loves them she can start her own card designing business!

I am sort of DIY-ing my invites (again)

I'm going to do letterpress from Mercurio Letterpress, which allows me to design the card with whatever design I want. And then I am sewing the cardstock onto a piece of thai silk with a small pocket in back that will contain our response card, as well as other pertainent info. Should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
Christa - that is a great idea! It's nice to have soething special - not generic (see my examples above for definitions of "generic" embarrest.gif). I can't wait to see what she comes up with...

If everyone loves them she can start her own card designing business!
I know! I'm excited to have something more personal. She is an awesome artist. She lives down in Santa Barbara. Her current "thing" is making these really detailed & cool tables with tiny pieces of mosaic type tiles. And don't worry about "generic" invites. It's one of those things that only you are really going to give a rats ass about.