Just got back from Riu Palace

Erika!  Totally forgot that you used Dino too!  So what did you think?  Did you have to pay $300 each for him/assistant or $300 total?  Also, did you pay to have him eat dinner?  Also curious what people tip vendors in that area.  Did you love your pics??

Valerie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Valerie!

So i only had to pay the $300 for Dino because its up to 3 persons on one charge...but they have to be per company.  So for dino and his lighting assistant, i only had to pay 300.  But, like im sure they told you before, this only gives them permission to come onto the property; this doesnt permit them to eat or drink at all!  If you are having the reception at baja norte, and you want them to eat and drink, you have to pay for the additional per plate price for them both :(

Its def a downer and a pain in the tush, but its the only way to have the outside vendors come onto the resort!

we havent seen anything yet so i dont know how they came out! time will tell!!!!!!!!!

Hello,
I amm also getting married in March 2013! We are super excited.. our WC is Kylene she so far hasn't been very helpful and said she cant tell me anything until month and half to 2 months before my wedding :( Would you mind sending me the checklist you got as well? my email is catherine.tuohy@gmail.com .
Your pictures are so beautiful they are making me super excited for my wedding!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! Im also getting married next year August 2013! 

I was just wondering, how you guys went about with booking rooms for the guest? Because the groups at the Riu told me I have to book all the rooms for my guest and pay them in full under me. And some how I will let me guest know to pay me so I can pay the Riu. I dont really like that idea that just sounds like a headache. I was wondering if its better off to go with a tavel agent or can you? Any input would help thank you! And can I also have a checklist too pls? Thank you =)

And also, Valerie did you have your reception in the private pool area? thats exactly what I want. did you let them know when you got there or can you tell them ahead of time? thanks!

maritesmisa@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by mmisa View Post

Hello, everyone! Im also getting married next year August 2013! 

I was just wondering, how you guys went about with booking rooms for the guest? Because the groups at the Riu told me I have to book all the rooms for my guest and pay them in full under me. And some how I will let me guest know to pay me so I can pay the Riu. I dont really like that idea that just sounds like a headache. I was wondering if its better off to go with a tavel agent or can you? Any input would help thank you! And can I also have a checklist too pls? Thank you =)

And also, Valerie did you have your reception in the private pool area? thats exactly what I want. did you let them know when you got there or can you tell them ahead of time? thanks!

maritesmisa@yahoo.com

Hi! I'm getting married at Riu Cabo in May 2013. I have been working with Teresa Stauring from vacations for less (who I found on this forum) for the rooms. She has been incredibly helpful. Basically I just tell her about how many rooms I think I will need and she works that directly with the hotel for rates etc. Then my guests book everything directly through her (if they choose). I think it takes a lot of the stress off so you don't have to worry about it! I can't remember where exactly but there is a request on here to find a travel agent through Wright Travel Agents (They sponsor this forum).

MMISA,

My fiance and I are also from So Cal and we booked directly through Alaska Airlines Vacations.  We called their vacations department and set up a "Wedding Account" and they emailed us a 7% discount code for any of our guests booking through them.  After you set it up, it takes about two weeks to get the code emailed to you.  All our guests have booked using this discount code we gave them.  Also when we have checked the price after we booked and the total price for the package went down, we called Alaska Vacation and they gave us refunds for the difference!  With Alaska Vacations you can book the flights, RIU Palace (or Santa Fe), and transportation all at the same time!  And guest do not have to travel the same dates..they can pick what dates work for them and still get the 7% off!!!  

Hope this helps as well!!

-Tara cheers.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi miwako,

I am getting married at the Santa Fe in Jan 2013 and came across this post of your recent wedding at the Palace.  I see that you brought your own photographer down with you, which we are as well (we are traveling from Canada).  Did you have to obtain a work permit for him/her?  In the RIU documents it states that they need one, but I was planning to just treat ours as one of guests (and hoping that they do not ask many questions!!).  It you could give any insight on this, that would be great!  Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by kerri85 View Post

Hi miwako,

I am getting married at the Santa Fe in Jan 2013 and came across this post of your recent wedding at the Palace.  I see that you brought your own photographer down with you, which we are as well (we are traveling from Canada).  Did you have to obtain a work permit for him/her?  In the RIU documents it states that they need one, but I was planning to just treat ours as one of guests (and hoping that they do not ask many questions!!).  It you could give any insight on this, that would be great!  Thanks for your help!

Hello, I had him as a guest so I did not pay any vendor fees. Jatziri was my WC and not one time did anyone  ask me aby questions. I also used one of my friend's husband as the videographer since he is a produecr for a news station. Again, nobdy said anything about either one of them.

You should be fine as long as it is one of your guests.

Originally Posted by ctuohy View Post

Hello,

I amm also getting married in March 2013! We are super excited.. our WC is Kylene she so far hasn't been very helpful and said she cant tell me anything until month and half to 2 months before my wedding :( Would you mind sending me the checklist you got as well? my email is catherine.tuohy@gmail.com .

Your pictures are so beautiful they are making me super excited for my wedding!

Catherine,

I haven't been on here in a while and just saw your post. Did you receive the information you were looking for?