When did the majority of your guests start booking?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mufin1785

• 438 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

We are 10 months out and I just sent out our 2nd round of save the dates.  We set up our room block about 10 months to go.  We have 14 people booked with 6 rooms reserved out of our 10 room block, we still have 4 rooms to meet the requirement of the room block.  When did your guests start booking their rooms? 

#2 Speckles121

• 720 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Its hard because your wedding is so far out still. Ive only had 12 people book so far and they all booked in the month of March. I sent out 65+ invites and alot of people say they are gonna book but havent yet. My wedding is in December just to give you a time frame.

#3 Mufin1785

• 438 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

#4 shanloveslexi

• 155 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Good question, I was wondering the same thing!

#5 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
          • 200 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

We ended up not doing a block of rooms for this reason. I was afraid we would end up paying for several rooms. Our travel agent was actually able to get a better deal without the block through a tour company.

#6 maridr2012

• 251 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

I sent out save the dates in late January, but didn't have a group rate until a few months later. My TA suggested I only set the group rate for 10 rooms so I wouldntbe liable if I had a lot of rooms left over. I took her advice and the 10 rooms were booked almost immediately by our immediate families and wedding party as we knew they wouldn't flake out. My invitations will be going out in June so I'm hoping the guests start booking right away when they get the formal invitation. And, I can add to my block of rooms as each new guest contacts my TA and pays for their deposit.

#7 BananaRama

• 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Did you put down a deposit for the 10 rooms?  If so, was the length of stay the same for all?  I'm not understanding how that works.  Also if you don't fill the 10 room block, do you no longer get the group room rate? I need help!

#8 anichols8

• 232 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

With Dreams and my TA, I paid a deposit per room, so for 10 rooms I ended up paying a 1750.00 deposit.  That was applied to my stay for the week so I wasn't worried about that.  I panicked as well about whether or not I would lose the rate because at first I did not think I would get the 10 rooms but I think the people that had already booked would have been able to keep their rate, it's just that the other incentives would no longer be in place, like free nights that I could earn and what not.  They do not all have to be the exact same nights either.  I have people staying from 2-7 days and coming and leaving on different days.

#9 lkterry

• 157 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

I was worried we wouldn't have enough people either, so I didn't do a block or group rate.  We have people contemplating different arrival/departures and different room classes.  Good to know your guests should keep their rates.

#10 maridr2012

• 251 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

I personally did not have to do a deposit for the 10 room block. My contract was that the group rate was only if I had 10 rooms booked within 30 days of signing the contract. Each guest was to call in and pay a deposit within the 30 days. If I didn't have 10 rooms with deposits paid, my credit card would then be charged a penalty. Each guest can select the date they wish to arrive and room category they want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users