Summer12's Planning thread **PHOTOS**

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#11 summer12

summer12
  • Site Supporter
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Okay so here is what I have for my OOT bag so far...  My weeding weekend survival kit.  Includes simple meds, cough drops, laughy taffy, gum, chapstick, hand sanitizer, pens, and a few other things.

IMG_0452.jpgIMG_0462.jpg

A door hanger.  I plan on putting together a welcome packet, and this will go in it...

IMG_0454.jpg

This is the bag I will be using (1/2 off after christmas- glad I choose a christmas color LOL).  I got the sandal deck of cards and the ID holders from Oriental trade.  I will throw a few ring pops in.  I also bought plastic cups for everyone that are personalized but I haven't receive them yet... stay tuned.  We had planned to do personalized flip-flops but I have too many people in my family with big feet...

IMG_0575.JPG

I for my bridesmaids I got a few more pampering supplies (might add to this)...

IMG_0577.jpg

The guys will also get some cigars with their flip flops.    

#12 summer12

summer12
    • Site Supporter
    • 156 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I'm keeping decorations for the reception area simple.  Every place setting will have one of these.. Amols.com they were just over a dollar a piece after shipping.  I painted the handles a darker green and glazed them so they match my colors more.

.IMG_0573.jpg

Also on everyone's spot will be this menu...

IMG_0574.jpg

I got all of my paper at Hobby Lobby as well whenever it was 40% off.

I bought these chair ribbons from another BDW bride, who I also got the idea of the maracas from.  I think the ribbon and maracas will add a pop of color.  I plan on going into Cancun when I get there and purchasing glass vases and filling them with limes for the centerpieces.  If I find cheap white roses in Cancun I might add them as well. If this plan fails I'll just get something simple from MP.  I realize that this plan might result in going without a centerpiece but that's okay with me.

IMG_0578.jpg

#13 summer12

summer12
      • Site Supporter
      • 156 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

My garter looks something like this.  Since FI is an OSU fan he is going to be in for a surprise!  Can't wait to see what he thinks...

This is a picture of the cake topper I am planning on via pinterest.  Still working on my version.

Cake Topper! Cute!

#14 summer12

summer12
        • Site Supporter
        • 156 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

I can't wait for yours either!!  I'm excited to see how sun palace compares to moon!

Originally Posted by shan0487 

amazing job so far Summer!!! I'm so excited for your big day!!! :)

#15 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

Me too!!!! :)

What did you use to make your maracas shiny? I'll be placing my Amols order in a few months! :)

Originally Posted by summer12 

I can't wait for yours either!!  I'm excited to see how sun palace compares to moon!

#16 summer12

summer12
          • Site Supporter
          • 156 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

I used a glossy clear acrylic sealer- it's a spray-on. "Plaid" brand, I think I got that at Hobby Lobby too lol. And just so you know the the "big" variety of maracas from Amols are really big.  Unfortunately you can't order mediums in a specific color, but if you're okay with just a variety of bright colors you might go with the mediums, they would be easier to fit in a suit case!  We were going to wait and buy some there but I decided not to risk it...

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Me too!!!! :)

What did you use to make your maracas shiny? I'll be placing my Amols order in a few months! :)

#17 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
            • 923 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I love the wording on your do not disturb tags, I wish I had gone that route with mine

#18 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
              • 89 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Your dress is beautiful and you look great in it!  Thanks for posting this and the tips about the barefoot jewelry. 

#19 shan0487

shan0487
                • 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

Great, thanks! Oh no, don't tell me that! :) I want blue and yellow ones, so I have to order the large ones.  Here's to hoping they all fit in a suitcase! Are you putting them in a box and then putting them in the suitcase, or what are you planning on doing?

I used a glossy clear acrylic sealer- it's a spray-on. "Plaid" brand, I think I got that at Hobby Lobby too lol. And just so you know the the "big" variety of maracas from Amols are really big.  Unfortunately you can't order mediums in a specific color, but if you're okay with just a variety of bright colors you might go with the mediums, they would be easier to fit in a suit case!  We were going to wait and buy some there but I decided not to risk it...

#20 KCDawn

KCDawn
                • Site Supporter
                • 242 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Thanks for the tip on the Medium Maracas!!  I was getting worried about the space they were going to take up and I never even noticed they made them a little smaller.  How long did it take for you to get your maracas after you ordered them?  Right now it says the medium ones are on backorder.  We still have a little over 5 months so I'm hoping they'll get some more.  I'm not crazy about getting all of the colors, but I think I read somewhere on BDW that they would work with you if you requested certain colors when ordering the variety.  Thank again! Great job so far! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users