DominiqueAmber's Wedding Planning Blog

dominiqueamber

AAAAAHHHHH woot.gifDominique I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I have been DYING (ok maybe dying is a bit extreme) to read your blog. I finally got Raj to watch the baby and give me time to read...took me 4 hours (of course with interruptions) to finally get through it but as I predicted, it was totally worth the wait. So proud of your accomplishments and creative ideas. 

Your STD's = SUPER ADORABLE!

Your Dress ideas = Classy, Romantic and Stylish...like your personality

And no worries on the setbacks and averted plans...it happens to many (including myself, I say this as I enviously watch others plan their weddings, waiting until I can start back planning)

The main thing to focus on, that you have continuously mentioned throughout, is that you're marrying Ra...the RIGHT MAN for YOU!

So please don't stress or feel any type of embarrassment...your ideas are inspiring and I can't wait to see all of them come together...(no matter the date or location)

So keep on posting, I am currently living vicariously through you so don't let me down...hahahaha (no pressure cheesy.gif)

~ E

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber View Post

Save the Date Journey: The Big Reveal

February 4, 2012

Youâ€ve waited long enough, itâ€s time to reveal my precious baby! Here are our Save the Dates!

Most everyone recieved a kraft envelope with a “luggage tag†with their name and address on it.

dsc00895edit.jpg?w=640&h=480

I had to take out the address but I was so happy to have my motherâ€s handwriting on my Save the Dates. Iâ€ve always loved her handwriting so this was more precious to me than calligraphy. The envelopes had a Love stamp and a Disney stamp. I loved the Up stamp but my favorite version had a Green stamp and a Wall-E stamp.

Whatâ€s inside?dsc008471.jpg?w=640&h=480

The STD postcard comes first, followed by the Early Bird RSVP and then the Passport of travel detailsdsc00853.jpg?w=640&h=480

And if you recieved a larger package in the mail it looked like this…

dsc00914edit.jpg?w=640&h=480

I used a combination of stamps I liked to acheive the collected, vintage stamp look.

dsc009161.jpg?w=640&h=480

To be green, instead of buying new packing materials I stuffed the boxes with various packaging materials I had saved from bubble wrap, to peanuts, to newspaper to tissue paper. In addition to the envelope pictured above guests recieved one of three different piggy banks inside their box. Each piggy had a label with our logo that said “Itâ€s Better in The Bahamasâ€

dsc00932.jpg?w=640&h=480

And the final package…

dsc00923.jpg?w=640&h=480

I was very proud of how well it all came together despite the little hiccups.

Hereâ€s a detail of the contents:

Front of the STD

lp.jpg?w=640&h=496

Back of the STD (includes a magnet)

lpbackedit.jpg?w=640&h=496

Front of the Early Bird RSVP

rsvpf.jpg?w=640&h=496

Back of the Early Bird RSVP (with edits to the address)

rsvpbedit.jpg?w=640&h=496

Passport Pages

slide15.jpg?w=640&h=450

The first page of the real Passport had a picture that represented the country and an intent for the purpose of travel. I decided to use a picture of us and a scripture that I felt was the intent for the purpose of our wedding.

slide21.jpg?w=640

I turned this page so you can read it correctly but it is turned the way a real passport booklet is. On the US Passport it features an eagle and the Constitution. I used a conch shell since itâ€s our symbol and rewrote a Constitution for our United State of Marriage. I didnâ€t want to use United States because I didnâ€t want to favor my country over his. I did my best to make it look  realistic.

slide31.jpg?w=640&h=460

I wanted to have a page that looked like passport stamps, so I put some travel details like the Travel Agents contact information in a few faux passport stamps. You wouldnâ€t believe some of the questions Iâ€ve gotten about Bahamas. I didnâ€t realize how little Americans know about whatâ€s outside our country until I started dating Ra. About 70% of people think Bahamas and Jamacia are the same, they ask me what language they speak there and they want to know why they need a passport since itâ€s US territory. To be honest I didnâ€t know all of this information but I wanted to answer a lot of the questions I get asked often and make guests feel comfortable knowing a little something about the foreign land they are traveling to.

slide41.jpg?w=640&h=449

Because convenience was important to me I wanted to give everyone the option of flying down or traveling on a cruise ship since they wouldnâ€t need a passport. I put the necessary information for flying and cruising on the next two pages, directing them to the website for more details. My favorite part is the little line that says itâ€s either the least expensive option or gives you more time in Nassau.

slide51.jpg?w=640&h=444

Because quotes and poems are important to both of us I wanted to include a poem that was special to me and described how I felt about marrying Ra. After working on it for a month I felt so proud of this little passport. I felt so proud of the entire Save the Date package. I hope my family and friends are surprised by the package, appreciate it and are motivated to make the trip. Have you ever recieved an unexpected package in the mail that made you smile?

All Photos are Personal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominiqueamber View Post

Saying "Yes, Yes, Yes, Oh Yesh!" to the Dress

Feburary 4, 2012

I know everyone woman waits for that moment where she finds “thee dress†I canâ€t even begin to explain to you my excitment when I found m dress. I discovered these dresses while googling before I knew they were designed Jim Hjelm and my thought process went a little like this: 

8763_x1.jpg?w=640 Classy /Jim Hjelm 8763 Source 8011.jpg?w=640

Pretty / Jim Hjelm 8011 Source 8859_x1.jpg?w=640&h=426

Yes /Jim Hjelm 8859  Source

8800_x1.jpg?w=588&h=500

Yes/Jim Hjelm 8800  Source

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

i just happened to come back to take a peak at all of the exciting wedding blogs and came across yours.  EVERYTHING and i do mean EVERYTHING is so super cute.  was hoping to see some wedding pics...of you, your planning efforts on showcase and everything else.  i'm really hoping all turned out as you planned....

i trust you and yours are doing well!  may you both continue to be blessed!!!

R~

ps..if you posted pics and i somehow didn't see them...please let me know as i'd love to see everything in action.  CONGRATS!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...