Photo

Flight Price from New Jersey/New York to Cancun

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 stella331

stella331
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

To My Fellow New York/New Jersey Ladies...I've been checking flights almost on a daily basis.  Have any of you ladies booked your nonstop flight from Jersey to Cancun yet?  If so how much did you pay?  I'm trying to figure out what a good price is and if I should wait it out a bit more.  Compared to prices last year everything has gone up:(

46 booked and counting!

#2 Speckles121

Speckles121
    • 720 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'm from the Boston area and I have not found direct flights there..only home (on Jet blue) and that was expensive. Our flight has an hour layover going down and back and we still paid $1100 for our two tickets!

#3 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

We are from Philly and I wish I would have booked last year. It was over $200+ cheaper for a ticket :(

They are still going up! I blame GAS!!

We have booked non-stop flights from Phila Int - US Air to Cancun. I think they were around $670 each.

I actually just looked and they are now $799!!!  CRAZY!!!! 

Its so hard to say when to book because you never know...

#4 michelleann

michelleann
        • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

I am so upset! My non-stop from Newark to Cancun (end of August-early September) on Continental has been cancelled, and changed to a flight with a layover on United. Luckily my TA got us our money back and we have changed our flight to non-stop on JetBlue out of JFK. A little annoying but it was around the same price ($525 RT)...I haven't seen these prices move much since I started looking about a year ago. If you go on bing.com it recommends if you should wait to purchase or buy now. It's a pretty useful tool! Good Luck!

#5 Maritza919

Maritza919
          • 421 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hi!

Don't wait buy airfare as soon as it comes out. I believe our was $600 a ticket.  I think airfare comes out 9 months on advance. We flew United(Continental) out of Newark. We knew the prices weren't going to get cheaper not to mention it was right before a holiday. We got married the Saturday before Easter. Originally when we booked we thought we'd fly first class but they wanted $1,200 a ticket which was crazy. Anyway fast forward we ended up upgrading to first class at the airport because we had to much lugagge. With first class you are allowed 3 pieces each up to 70lbs. So we paid the extra $250 for the both of us and were in first class. =) It all worked out. 

Good luck!

Maritza 

#6 stella331

stella331
            • 247 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

When I first started looking airfare was around $675 for nonstop.  Now its down to $524 nonstop.  Not sure if I should wait it out a bit more or if I should just buy it now. Grrrrrrrr

46 booked and counting!

#7 beachbunnibride

beachbunnibride
              • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Try Kayak.com if you haven't already, i've found the cheapest prices there. i'm looking for december flights from NY to cancun and found $463 nonstop for 2 adults on Jet Blue. 

#8 msosa

msosa
                • Site Supporter
                • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

It is not going to go much lower than 524.00 for our wedding at this point, and we have been watching prices very carefully. Most of our guests have booked airfare and no one got much lower than 524 direct from JFK/EWR others got lower, but with connecting flights in the mid 400's. We are getting married in July , 2012. Since you are getting married in Nov. the prices still may drop. Do some research online, there are some websites that show the airfare history, but keep in mind everything is more expensive this year with security and fuel surcharges.

#9 stella331

stella331
                  • 247 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by msosa 

It is not going to go much lower than 524.00 for our wedding at this point, and we have been watching prices very carefully. Most of our guests have booked airfare and no one got much lower than 524 direct from JFK/EWR others got lower, but with connecting flights in the mid 400's. We are getting married in July , 2012. Since you are getting married in Nov. the prices still may drop. Do some research online, there are some websites that show the airfare history, but keep in mind everything is more expensive this year with security and fuel surcharges.

Thank you!  I have a feeling your right. 

46 booked and counting!

#10 CandyApple13

CandyApple13
                    • 27 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

I too have been watching flight costs on a daily basis from NYC in addition to Chicago, SF and DC (we have people flying from all over). It's hard to know when to pull the trigger and I want my guests to get a decent rate too. Frustrating how high the fuel costs have gotten!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users