Photo

My DIY Boarding Pass STD's!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

Thanks so much for your help!! I've been trying to find a paper weight that's just a bit heavier than the "text weight" #81 from paperandmore.com's site but the next one up is too heavy to print at home [#105]. And the paper weight around #90 I've found which would be perfect, other sites don't offer the same pearlescent nice colors! ugh!  I'll find it soon hopefully =)

Originally Posted by finleya 

Thank you! And I'm happy to help as much as I can!

The envelopes were just #10 envelopes. The sleeves were just the Pearlescent Azalea paper in the 8.5 x 11 size and I folded/cut them to make them sleeves. I played around with them a lot until I got the scoring lines where I wanted them, but since you can't print on the pearlescent paper, I can't really give you a template for it because I didn't use one.

Good luck! Let me know you have any more questions!

#22 finleya

finleya
    • 189 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

Honestly, the #81 weight worked just fine for them. It was just heavy enough. I actually was worried about it when I first got the paper and felt it, but then once they were done, it felt just like a normal boarding pass would.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

Thanks so much for your help!! I've been trying to find a paper weight that's just a bit heavier than the "text weight" #81 from paperandmore.com's site but the next one up is too heavy to print at home [#105]. And the paper weight around #90 I've found which would be perfect, other sites don't offer the same pearlescent nice colors! ugh!  I'll find it soon hopefully =)

#23 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
      • 338 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

Yes the #81 is a good weight, but I have two boarding passes and you can see right through the first to second. I ordered the next weight higher and we'll see how heavy it really is when I receive it. I'll let you know how it goes thanks =)

Honestly, the #81 weight worked just fine for them. It was just heavy enough. I actually was worried about it when I first got the paper and felt it, but then once they were done, it felt just like a normal boarding pass would.

Good luck!

#24 finleya

finleya
        • 189 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

What kind did you get that you can see through?

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

Yes the #81 is a good weight, but I have two boarding passes and you can see right through the first to second. I ordered the next weight higher and we'll see how heavy it really is when I receive it. I'll let you know how it goes thanks =)

#25 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
          • 338 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

It was #81 pearlescent peach. I used dark purple font which could be why you can see through it. I'll see how the heavier one prints & if the color remains as vibrant- if not I'll stick with the #81 as these are just my save the dates =)

What kind did you get that you can see through?

#26 Jocelin Reyes

Jocelin Reyes
            • 161 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

I love the paper, love the flower and the colours are very nice too. Is this the colour of the bridesmaids dresses?

#27 IndianWedding

IndianWedding
              • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

looove them!

#28 finleya

finleya
                • 189 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thanks! Actually, my bridesmaid dresses are teal and the pink is my accent color.

This is the look I am going for...

I love the paper, love the flower and the colours are very nice too. Is this the colour of the bridesmaids dresses?

#29 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
                  • 313 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Thanks! Actually, my bridesmaid dresses are teal and the pink is my accent color.

This is the look I am going for...

Wedding Colors.jpg

Love these colours!  They will look great next to the ocean.  Are you going with the pink shoes?

#30 demetra bailey

demetra bailey
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

these are very pretty...thanks. About how long did it take for you to cut the tickets? I'm considering using Kinko's or some other service IF they will; otherwise may have a cut 'n stuff" party with the bridesmaids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users