My DIY Boarding Pass STD's!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 finleya

finleya
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hi Ladies,

So I have to say I am extremely happy with how my STD's turned out. I could not have done ANY of this without ideas and tips from some pretty fantastic ladies on this forum! 

Much of this came from JoanneIreland's thread, but I have to say I took ideas from many different posts.

The paper and envelopes came from Paperandmore.com (Pearlescent Azalea for the sleeves and envelopes and Pearlescent White for the Boarding Passes).

The template for the passes came from Aylee Bits.

The starfish charms on the sleeve came from Oriental Trading Company.

The brads, flowers and the gems I attached to them, and the raffia ribbon came from Joann's (love that they always send me coupons!!).

The wraparound address labels I made myself and printed onto full page sticker paper that I got from Kmart.

All in all it was a great experience, but it took FOREVER!!! Between the actual designing, to cutting, clipping, glueing, putting together... it was definitely a huge undertaking. Just keep that in mind when you go to do this. It takes some planning ahead.

Hope you all like them as much as I do!!!

Save the Date 1.jpg

Save the Date 2.jpg

Save the Date 4.jpg

Save the Date 3.jpg

#2 jackson13

jackson13
    • Site Supporter
    • 16 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

You did a great job. Your guests will be very impressed. I feel your pain, I have been working on mine as well, they are a lot of work but I am really happy with how they are coming along. I need to finish them up tonight and will post in the next few days.

#3 Branya2012

Branya2012
      • 200 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Those look great! I like the wrap around label idea. We are making boarding pass invitations and I was planning on using raffia to secure the cover...it looks really good with the charm so I might have to steal that idea! Thanks!

Did you cut everything out by hand? Including the edges on the left of the boarding pass? I have a corner rounder which I plan to use, but it looks like you went the extra mile to cut that part out! Amazing job!

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#4 finleya

finleya
        • 189 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Thank you so much!

You should definitely get the starfish charms from Oriental Trading. I loved them!

And yes I did end up cutting everything by hand. I started using a cutter for the straight lines and my corner punch for them, but they always seemed to be just a little off. So I just bit the bullet and sat down Friday and Saturday night and cut them all by hand while I was watching tv.

I did however use my corner punch for the sleeves. That worked perfectly for that! And if you use the same type of paper (heavy weight) make sure to score it before you fold!

Originally Posted by Branya2012 

Those look great! I like the wrap around label idea. We are making boarding pass invitations and I was planning on using raffia to secure the cover...it looks really good with the charm so I might have to steal that idea! Thanks!

Did you cut everything out by hand? Including the edges on the left of the boarding pass? I have a corner rounder which I plan to use, but it looks like you went the extra mile to cut that part out! Amazing job!

#5 Branya2012

Branya2012
          • 200 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

You're welcome! Thank you for posting the pics!

I will try the corner rounder punch, but will keep an eye out to make sure they look right! I'm a scrapbooker and I know I am pretty picky about the way things look so I am prepared for the perfectionist in me to come out when I finally get started!!

Definitely will score the heavier weight paper...they told me that at the scrapbooking store where I got the paper from. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by finleya 

Thank you so much!

You should definitely get the starfish charms from Oriental Trading. I loved them!

And yes I did end up cutting everything by hand. I started using a cutter for the straight lines and my corner punch for them, but they always seemed to be just a little off. So I just bit the bullet and sat down Friday and Saturday night and cut them all by hand while I was watching tv.

I did however use my corner punch for the sleeves. That worked perfectly for that! And if you use the same type of paper (heavy weight) make sure to score it before you fold!

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#6 mzthan6

mzthan6
            • 176 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

They look great!. Question.. the papers that you bought from paperandmore are they cardstock? if so is it really hard to print on them? i check the specs on the cardstock and it says not inkjet/laserjet capable.

i love your std. i also did a boarding pass std

Originally Posted by finleya 

Hi Ladies,

So I have to say I am extremely happy with how my STD's turned out. I could not have done ANY of this without ideas and tips from some pretty fantastic ladies on this forum! 

Much of this came from Save the Date 1.jpg

Save the Date 2.jpg

Save the Date 4.jpg

Save the Date 3.jpg

#7 finleya

finleya
              • 189 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

The paper for the actual boarding passes was the text weight paper (81lb) while the sleeve was the metallic cardstock (105lb).

I had no problem printing out the boarding passes on my printer, but I could not print on the cardstock for the sleeves without jamming my printer.

#8 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                • 923 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I love that sparkly paper! So pretty

#9 Skygirl

Skygirl
                  • 512 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

i  love your boarding pass. where did u get an image for 3starfishes?and did u just insert them one by one?tnx

#10 cindy2013

cindy2013
                    • 189 posts
                    • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
                    • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

I love that paper!  They are beautiful!

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom