Photo

STD RSVP?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 chrisdior

chrisdior
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hey ladies, I'm getting ready to make my std's and looking through the forum I noticed some of you added a RSVP to your STD's. I was wondering how that worked out? Was it a good thing to do? How successful were the responses? I'm not sure if I should add a response date yet it is so early?!  Thanks

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

I didn't, but we had a pretty good idea of who was going and not going.  And I didn't need a headcount until much closer to the date anyway so putting the RSVP with the "formal" invite worked for us.

#3 Shay4966

Shay4966
      • Site Supporter
      • 262 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

For us it worked out great! We had people RSVP on our website, cheaper and easy. It also gave us a idea of who was thinking about going. 

Originally Posted by chrisdior 

Hey ladies, I'm getting ready to make my std's and looking through the forum I noticed some of you added a RSVP to your STD's. I was wondering how that worked out? Was it a good thing to do? How successful were the responses? I'm not sure if I should add a response date yet it is so early?!  Thanks

#4 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
        • 923 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

I feel it helped because 1) people felt it was the invitation and they needed to give a response and 2) I asked for yes, no or maybe so I got some maybe's which helps me get an idea... and then for the flip side there the majority of people who feel there's plenty of time so they'll let me know closer to the actual wedding..I would say go for it, I needed to know if we could get group rates for hotels and cruises so I needed an idea of who was coming and I made the rsvp date for three weeks after I sent them out, in hindsight I would have given them more time to think about it.

#5 chrisdior

chrisdior
          • 286 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Thanks I appreciate everyones responses. The majority of the people do know about the destination wedding as it is, we haven't stopped talking about it. As I speak to the TA about the "group rates" and everything else I would just like to be reassured we have the amount of people we think we are having and it would also help me get over the no's faster hahaha

Whats good about having a destination wedding, the std's dont have to be traditional, so people probably wouldn't even think twice about rsvp'ing so early in advance. I know a year is a long time to commit as a lot of things can change but I am a little nervous about waiting to book and reserve my guest later on. I'd rather have at least some deposits made.

#6 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
            • 923 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

One thing I learned is most people have no idea what a save the date is, they thought it was the invitation - so they thought they had no choice but to rsvp

#7 shanloveslexi

shanloveslexi
              • 155 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for asking, I was wondering the same thing!

#8 kkeeve01

kkeeve01
                • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm marrying 2/26/13 and am sending out STD's in May and I've been debating on sending a very simple RSVP with them to just get a very basic headcount, even if someone says "maybe" i would be more happy than no response at all. So as of today I am sending my STD's with rsvp's.

#9 cindy2013

cindy2013
                  • 189 posts
                  • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
                  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by kkeeve01 

I'm marrying 2/26/13 and am sending out STD's in May and I've been debating on sending a very simple RSVP with them to just get a very basic headcount, even if someone says "maybe" i would be more happy than no response at all. So as of today I am sending my STD's with rsvp's.

When are your invites going out?

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

#10 kkeeve01

kkeeve01
                  • 43 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

i will send them out in October with a formal RSVP card