May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#571 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

So I had to share this with you ladies because I saw it and immedatley thought of not only how pretty this would be but how much money you could save on ceremony decorations. Which by the way does anyone know if they'll let you bring your own stuff and just have some own set it out for you or will they charge you? They better not charge as much as we are paying to stay there and have a wedding! Anyways, I saw this on pinterest and it is perfect. It says it's time consuming but if it saves me hundreds of $$ for decorations I'm in. You could even take them and use them in your reception area.

OMG!!!.. I love!!! And those are my colors, so def a great inspiration.

As far as bringing your own decor.. I know my resort lets us Majestic Elegance... But I'm sure they charge a fee to set it up, just not sure how much. Sounds like a good question to your WC just so you know for sure, and the prices.

#572 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

So I had to share this with you ladies because I saw it and immedatley thought of not only how pretty this would be but how much money you could save on ceremony decorations. Which by the way does anyone know if they'll let you bring your own stuff and just have some own set it out for you or will they charge you? They better not charge as much as we are paying to stay there and have a wedding! Anyways, I saw this on pinterest and it is perfect. It says it's time consuming but if it saves me hundreds of $$ for decorations I'm in. You could even take them and use them in your reception area.

#573 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
      • 670 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Love love love this too! I was looking into something to line our isle and this is perfect! And gorgeous !

#574 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
        • 861 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Great minds think alike, I actually posted this in another thread.  My wedding colors aren't ideal for this project, and it's been difficult finding petals in the colors I like.  Any-who, these were the inspiration pics that I found and love, I really want to mimic the second one:

i really love how they did the flower petals on the back of the chairs.... did this pic come from a 'how to'?

#575 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
          • 861 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

My DIY petal aisle runner inspiration.... Not sure if i am going to attempt this project yet, ill have to talk to the FI and see if hes up to help me with the task, but if i did i would want one like this

Maybe it would be less labor intensive???

#576 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
            • 955 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

i really love how they did the flower petals on the back of the chairs.... did this pic come from a 'how to'?

I'm sure it did but somewhere in my evolving search for DIY project it got lost.  With that siad, I know that this project only requires colored tulle in whatever length/width you desire, colored petels and spray adhesive.  If you're using the the tulle and petals for the chair, you will have to secure them with a ribbon tie at the sides.  If you're doing an aisle runner or bumpers you need to add mini weights to the bottom so it doesn't fly away. If you do a search in weddingbee.com you should be able to find a few DIY tips/tricks. 

#577 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
              • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

Great minds think alike, I actually posted this in another thread.  My wedding colors aren't ideal for this project, and it's been difficult finding petals in the colors I like.  Any-who, these were the inspiration pics that I found and love, I really want to mimic the second one:

Here you go.... :o)

http://www.ebay.com/...ria rose petals

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3379aacf91

#578 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                • 955 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Thanks, friend ;)

#579 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thanks, friend ;)

No problemo amiga. ;o)

#580 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
                    • 340 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'll ask but I already feel nickle and dimed so what if I have a good friend lay them out of me. They can't really charge me for something I brought and someone else layed out but then again I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

OMG!!!.. I love!!! And those are my colors, so def a great inspiration.

As far as bringing your own decor.. I know my resort lets us Majestic Elegance... But I'm sure they charge a fee to set it up, just not sure how much. Sounds like a good question to your WC just so you know for sure, and the prices.

The girl that posted the pic I had put up said to just get white petals and die them with Rite dye in your color. The bottom looks pretty labor intensive...guess you should call up the 'maids and put them to work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users